OpenSSH, PuTTY, Tunnels and Keys
Michael W. Lucas
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Secure Shell (SSH) lets systems administrators securely manage remote systems. But most people only use the bare minimum SSH offers. Used properly, SSH simplifies your job.
This book saves you from sifting a decade of obsolete online tutorials and quickly gets you running:SSH with the OpenSSH server and the PuTTY and OpenSSH clients. You will:
* Eliminate passwords.
* Manage access to your SSH server by users, groups, addresses, and more
* Securely move files around your network
* Forward graphic displays from one host to another
* Forward TCP connections
* Centrally manage host keys and client configurations
* Use SSH as a secure transport for other applications
* Secure applications run over SSH
* Build Virtual Private Networks with OpenSSH
And more! This book simplifies the work of anyone using SSH. Small enough to read and implement quickly, exhaustive enough to include everything most of us need plus a little more. Master SSH with SSH Mastery.
- Category: Computers
- Published: Jan 18, 2012
- Publisher: Tilted Windmill Press
- Seller: Tilted Windmill Press
- Print Length: 150 Pages
- Language: English