Superparenting for ADD
An Innovative Approach to Raising Your Distracted Child
Edward M. Hallowell, M.D. & Peter S. Jensen
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
With decades of experience working with ADD children, Dr. Edward Hallowell has long argued that ADD is too often misunderstood, mistreated, and mislabeled as a “disability.” Now he teams up with top academic ADD researcher Peter S. Jensen, M.D., to bring you an invaluable new approach to helping your ADD child. Superparenting for ADD offers a specific game plan including
• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE Tune out the diagnosticians and simply nourish the spirit of your child for who he is.
• VIEWING THE MIRROR TRAITS Recognize the positive sides of the negative symptoms associated with ADD: stubbornness = persistence; impulsiveness = creativity; intrusiveness = eagerness.
• THE CYCLE OF EXCELLENCE Nurture an environment in which a child can safely take risks, reserve time to let a child dabble as a way to learn, encourage playful practice, support mastery of a skill, and then recognize a child’s accomplishments.
- Category: Parenting
- Published: Dec 30, 2008
- Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 240 Pages
- Language: English