Taking Charge of Distribution Sales
9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
The wholesale distribution industry makes things work in our economy, and distribution sales managers make things happen at wholesale distribution firms! Sales management is a hands-on job that is subject to real-time performance appraisal. This appraisal is conducted daily by salespeople, customers, suppliers, and distributor general managers and owners. This book provides real-world ideas, methods, and direction for distributor sales managers. Whether you are a new wholesale distribution sales executive putting your system together or an experienced sales executive looking for new perspectives and ideas on the basics, this book offers specifics you can use immediately. They include
• straightforward “how to” text on nine key sales management skills
• templates and outlines you can adapt to your situation
• examples of the good, the bad, and the ugly of wholesale distribution sales management, drawn from the author’s own experience and observation of others in the industry
• a compendium of resources to help you continue your skills development as a sales manager.
This book explains “how to…”
• plan with individual salespeople
• coach and counsel salespeople
• provide sales skills training
• conduct effective sales meetings
• build a sales team
• provide leadership (not just management)
• succeed with large-order opportunities
• manage supplier relationships
• create a sense of forward motion.