Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant
Erica Sadun & Steve Sande
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This is the eBook version of the printed book.
Sweet-talk SiriTM into doing practically anything!
Apple’s Siri voice technology is even more amazing when you really know how
to talk to it. Now, two top Apple tech experts show how to talk Siri into doing
more than ever before! Just look up what you want to do, and you’ll find tested
step-by-step instructions for getting exactly the results you want. From start to
finish, this book is packed with quick and easy ways to make Siri even more
reliable and useful—and way more fun!
• Get more accurate recognition every time you use Siri
• Ask questions that avoid “misunderstandings” and lead to precise,
• Check weather forecasts, stock prices, and lots more
• Help Siri recognize and connect with your spouse, children, and parents
• Use Siri to stay in touch with friends, colleagues, and customers
• Transform Siri into your personal media DJ
• Find the nearest store that’s selling whatever you’re looking for
• Let Siri calculate restaurant tips and “splitting the tab”
• Use Siri to organize your life—and never miss another commitment
• Answer math and science problems with Siri and Wolfram Alpha
• Dictate memos, text and Twitter messages, and even blog posts
• Make sure Siri responds only to you, not to an impostor
Sample a Waste
The sample doesn't really give you a sample, just ideas of what a chapter might cover.
- Category: Digital Media
- Published: Mar 26, 2012
- Publisher: Pearson Education
- Seller: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Print Length: 156 Pages
- Language: English