Technology Trounces Tradition
Handcrafted Ferraris Beaten by Ford's Computers
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
FOR PETROL HEADS WHO LOVE FORD SPORTS CARS & LE MANS!
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Ford's triumphant win in 1966 and the return of the Ford GT to Le Mans, this is a fully illustrated account of the development of the sublime GT40 machine!
- Lineage and development in preparation for the ECO-Boost Ford 2016 entry
- Experimental curiosities
- Race reports for all the 24 Hour races that Le Mans has held to date!
- Key teams, engineers, designers of the GT40 and its variants
- The exciting experience of Le Mans for an onlooker was like in the 1960s
- How competition at Le Mans changed car developments for the street car market prospects
- How Ford used technology to overcome the domination of Ferrari at the worlds most prestigious endurance race - Le Mans.
If you love Ford and Le Mans step back in time with us and see how Ford made it to the top in one of the most iconic cars to ever grace a racetrack!
What's New in Version 1.1
Additional content added: Full details of the 2016 Le Mans 24 Hour race - entry, practice, qualifying, race.