The Art of Photographic Lighting
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
The bestseller "The Art of Photographic Lighting" by Eib Eibelshäuser now is available as interactive eBOOK2.0 for the iPad, providing an outstanding image quality.
About this book:
It is essential that every photographer who is serious about their craft has a firm understanding of the properties of light, because light is more than just illumination.
In this book you will learn how light and shadow can be used to compose photographs. Example images and diagrams illustrate lighting concepts and demonstrate how different sources of light affect a subject.
Photographers of all levels are bound to improve their skills and cultivate a new appreciation for light design as they discover how to successfully use a variety of lighting tools.
• Use of light in classic paintings
• Perception and design principles
• Light sources and shadow design
• Directional lighting
• Lighting design principles
• History of photographic lighting design
• Post-exposure techniques
The interactive functions:
• Photo book with outstanding image quality: high resolution photos in RGB format
• Zoom function to maximize the photos
• Interactive image overlay feature makes visible small differences between variants of images
• Easy navigation through the book
• Visual browsing inside the book
• Interactive visual table of contents plus interactive detailed table of contents
• Users manual
• Full-text search
• Creation of bookmarks and notes supported
About the author:
Eib Eibelshäuser holds a Master of Fine Arts degree and is currently a faculty member in the Design and Photography Department at the University of Applied Sciences, Duesseldorf, Germany.
Since 1997, Eib has served as a guest lecturer in the Faculty of Graphic Design at the College of Art in Reykjavik, Iceland. There he teaches about the principles of image creation and design.
He is the author of three successful books in Germany.
This book is also available in a German edition!