The Consummate Leader
A Holistic Guide to Inspiring Growth in Others ... and in Yourself
Patricia Thompson, Phd
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Exceptional leaders inspire others to dream, fill them with a sense of passion, and expertly guide the way to achieving outstanding results; in short, great leaders can change the world. Yet, as we strive to move and motivate people in our given fields, many of us are unsure of how to best develop the untapped potential in others ... as well as in ourselves.
In The Consummate Leader, award-winning corporate psychologist and management consultant Dr. Patricia Thompson transforms uncertainty into confidence, drawing on both scientific research and her decade-long experience advising senior leaders. In this holistic and interactive guide to professional development, she illustrates the seven keys to becoming an impeccable leader, including how to:
• Achieve heightened self-awareness to affect the way you influence
• Build a happiness toolbox to bring joy to yourself and those around you
• Care for your whole self first as a hallmark of effecting positive change
• Embrace your own authenticity to allow others to embrace their own
• Foster positive relationships in the workplace that promote greater productivity – and job satisfaction
With her accessible and often humorous style – utilizing notable lessons from Nelson Mandela to SpongeBob SquarePants – Thompson reveals why truly outstanding leaders not only focus on strategy, metrics, and execution, they also tend to their bodies, minds, and spirits. Chock-full of real-life examples, thought-provoking exercises, and personal stories, The Consummate Leader is an indispensable book that will reshape the way you approach leadership – and life.