The Definitive Book of Body Language
The Hidden Meaning Behind People's Gestures and Expressions
Barbara Pease & Allan Pease
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Available for the first time in the United States, this international bestseller reveals the secrets of nonverbal communication to give you confidence and control in any face-to-face encounter–from making a great first impression and acing a job interview to finding the right partner.
It is a scientific fact that people’s gestures give away their true intentions. Yet most of us don’t know how to read body language–and don’t realize how our own physical movements speak to others. Now the world’s foremost experts on the subject share their techniques for reading body language signals to achieve success in every area of life.
Drawing upon more than thirty years in the field, as well as cutting-edge research from evolutionary biology, psychology, and medical technologies that demonstrate what happens in the brain, the authors examine each component of body language and give you the basic vocabulary to read attitudes and emotions through behavior.
• How palms and handshakes are used to gain control
• The most common gestures of liars
• How the legs reveal what the mind wants to do
• The most common male and female courtship gestures and signals
• The secret signals of cigarettes, glasses, and makeup
• The magic of smiles–including smiling advice for women
• How to use nonverbal cues and signals to communicate more effectively and get the reactions you want
Filled with fascinating insights, humorous observations, and simple strategies that you can apply to any situation, this intriguing book will enrich your communication with and understanding of others–as well as yourself.
From the Hardcover edition.
This is the BEST book in the world..i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Definitive Book On Body Language
This was a very good read, very informative, enlightening and I couldn't put it down.
This book is great!!! I am now more aware of the body language that we see everyday
- Category: Self-Improvement
- Published: Jul 25, 2006
- Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 400 Pages
- Language: English