The Digital Puritan
Stephen Charnock and Others
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
"The Digital Puritan" is a quarterly digest of carefully selected Puritan works which provides a steady diet of sound Puritan teaching. The language has been gently modernised to render it more readable. Hundreds of helpful notes and Scripture references (in the English Standard Version®) are included as end-notes; no internet connection is needed.
The following articles appear in this summer 2014 edition:
1. Self-Denial (Isaac Ambrose) - a cardinal feature of Christ’s disciples.
2. The Almost Christian (George Whitefield) - having the trappings of religion is not the same thing as having true saving faith.
3. God’s Regard for His Own Glory, Seen in the Saving of Sinners (Stephen Charnock) - the rich glory of God illustrated by his redemption of sinful men.
4. Charity, in Respect of Other Men’s Sins (John Howe) - believers should never rejoice over the failings of others.
5. A Word to the Aged (William Bridge) – for those who have nearly run their course.
- Category: Religion & Spirituality
- Published: Aug 01, 2014
- Publisher: Lulu.com
- Seller: Lulu Enterprises, Inc.
- Print Length: 263 Pages
- Language: English