The Handbook of Language and Globalization
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
The Handbook of Language and Globalization brings together important new studies of language and discourse in the global era, consolidating a vibrant new field of sociolinguistic research.
- The first volume to assemble leading scholarship in this rapidly developing field
- Features new contributions from 36 internationally-known scholars, bringing together key research in the field and establishing a benchmark for future research
- Comprehensive coverage is divided into four sections: global multilingualism, world languages and language systems; global discourse in key domains and genres; language, values and markets under globalization; and language, distance and identities
- Covers an impressive breadth of topics including tourism, language teaching, social networking, terrorism, and religion, among many others
- Winner of the British Association for Applied Linguistics book prize 2011