The Keystone Approach
Healing Arthritis and Psoriasis by Restoring the Microbiome
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
This groundbreaking new book examines the causes of psoriasis and arthritis and offers the most comprehensive and up-to-date protocol for reversing autoimmune disease.
If you have psoriasis or inflammatory arthritis, it is crucial to understand how diet, gut health, and the microbiome can influence pain and inflammation. By learning which foods trigger flares and which foods help to calm the immune system, you can dramatically reduce the severity of symptoms and reclaim your health.
In The Keystone Approach, acclaimed author Rebecca Fett draws on more than 400 scientific studies, along with her own battle with psoriatic arthritis, to provide a clear, evidence-based diet protocol. This innovative approach addresses the underlying causes of inflammation and autoimmunity, with a particular focus on healing the gut and re-balancing the microbiome.
In The Keystone Approach, You’ll Discover:
- Which probiotics have been shown in clinical trials to rebalance the microbiome and halt inflammation
- Why a Mediterranean diet is more effective at reducing inflammation than the autoimmune paleo diet
- How animal fats and coconut oil can potentially trigger psoriasis and arthritis flares
- How avoiding certain grains and legumes can heal the gut and reduce immune activation
- The precise mechanism by which sugar, starch, nightshades, and dairy can trigger flares
- How to identify your own food sensitivities
- The current balance of the evidence for supplements such as turmeric, fish oil, vitamin D, and glucosamine
- The latest science on low-dose Naltrexone
- Rebecca Fett has “done an excellent job in distilling very complex microbiome science and presenting it in a clear and engaging fashion.” – Randy Longman, M.D. ,Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Weill Cornell Medicine
-“A most informative read for anyone afflicted with chronic inflammatory disease.” –Michael Ozner, M.D., author of The Complete Mediterranean Diet
-“Accessible, practical, and highly useful.” –Rodney Dietert, Ph.D., author of The Human Superorganism
-“For readers who want to learn more about the way diet can change their quality of life, this manual is easy-to-understand, full of relevant data, and well-organized. A helpful and well-researched plan for improving gut health, reducing inflammation, and avoiding disease triggers.” – Kirkus Reviews
- "It's rare to find an alternative health book so thoroughly backed by scientific studies, but The Keystone Approach for Psoriasis and Arthritis is not only a specific, authoritative recommendation, but represents a satisfying intersection of traditional and alternative approaches to healing. It should be in any health collection where autoimmune diseases are of interest." - Midwest Book Reviews
Who Should Read This Book:
The Keystone Approach is specifically tailored to address the precise autoimmune process that occurs in: psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, spondylitis, ankylosing spondylosis, and joint pain associated with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
About the Author:
Rebecca Fett is a science writer with a degree in molecular biotechnology and biochemistry from the University of Sydney. She previously spent ten years as a biotechnology patent litigation attorney in New York, where she specialized in analyzing the scientific and clinical evidence for immune-targeting biologic medicines. She is also the author of bestselling fertility book, It Starts with the Egg.
Starting to use diet suggestions for JIA son
Our son is tired of being in pain. Now that he is also on biologic, he's very interested in some complementary medicine to help along his condition. It's full of great science, and it convinced my son to try adding more greens and removing foods that encourage inflammation. No woo, just Science!