The Myth of the Garage
And Other Minor Surprises
Dan Heath & Chip Heath
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
From Chip and Dan Heath, the bestselling authors of Switch and Made to Stick, comes The Myth of the Garage: And Other Minor Surprises, a collection of the authors’ best columns for Fast Company magazine—16 pieces in all, plus a previously unpublished piece entitled “The Future Fails Again.”
In Myth, the Heath brothers tackle some of the most (and least) important issues in the modern business world:
• Why you should never buy another mutual fund (“The Horror of Mutual Funds”)
• Why your gut may be more ethical than your brain (“In Defense of Feelings”)
• How to communicate with numbers in a way that changes decisions (“The Gripping Statistic”)
• Why the “Next Big Thing” often isn’t (“The Future Fails Again”)
• Why you may someday pay $300 for a pair of socks (“The Inevitability of $300 Socks”)
• And 12 others . . .
Punchy, entertaining, and full of unexpected insights, the collection is the perfect companion for a short flight (or a long meeting).
Light and thoughtful
Not intending to be anything else, this collection of articles provides a quick ride through a wide variety of topics. Witty, light, with some insight that may prompt further investigation.
A collection of shorts that is a nice companion piece to Switch and Made to Stick. These quick-hitters get right to the point, then move on. A real, umm, "screen-swiper"?!
If you're a thinking businessperson, there are 17 articles- at least 10 or more will have you up at night thinking how this applies to your business. Highly recommend. Making this free was a stroke of marketing genius because now I want to read everything the Heath brothers are writing about!! Great job guys. You increased my happiness... by reading this, and commenting positively on it.