The Old Farmer's Almanac 2014
Old Farmer's Almanac
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Accept no substitutes! America’s oldest continuously published periodical and best-loved annual is often imitated but never equaled. This is the one, the only, Old Farmer’s Almanac! Featuring:
• An astronomy quiz to test your Sky-Q
• Anglers’ six favorite fish and secrets to hooking them
• Vegetables and other perennial edibles to grow
• The time in our lives: where it goes, ways to make the most of it, and more
• The whole truth about whole grains
• How to get bitten by a pet (if you’re not careful)
• Rings around Earth (think Saturn) that might influence our weather
• Health tips for each zodiac sign
• Envelope and napkin jottings that changed the world
• Plus: Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, historic trivia, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention!
• Full-color winter and summer weather maps
What's New in Version 2.0
Minor corrections. Version 2.0
I hate the update!!!
You ripped me off with this update! I loved the original book and now it is a cartoon-ish textbook-like object. Before it was a BOOK I could read, navigate with a TABLE OF CONTENTS, and actually enjoy reading. Now I can't figure out how to navigate this garbage version.
I despise this upgrade and warn all...beware of this activity of Updates Available in the iBookstore!!!
I have purchased numerous hard copies of the Farmers Almanac over the years and love the humor and insight. However, any reproduction that fails to include the entire content is incomplete and to be listed as the actual "publication" is false advertising. While one omission can be considered a mistake, more than that is sloppy editing. There are multiple pages where the content either begins or ends mid sentence leaving the reader to either guess the context or just ignore the content. I don't believe that either are acceptable. Further, they promote a subscription to a monthly online edition. Why would I pay for more of the same?
I would give this 5 stars if this were complete as there are a number of good articles and references but unless this is fixed, I wouldn't buy it again nor recommend it to others.
The graphics overlap making them completely useless. This book needs to be corrected to make it usable. Please Houghton Mifflin fix this problem!
- Category: Almanacs & Yearbooks
- Published: Sep 03, 2013
- Publisher: OFA
- Seller: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Print Length: 288 Pages
- Language: English
- Version: 2.0