The Weekend Novelist
Robert J. Ray & Bret Norris
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Who doesn't dream of writing a novel while holding on to a day job? Robert J. Ray and coauthor Bret Norris can help readers do just that, with this proven practical and accessible step-by-step guide to completing a novel in just a year's worth of weekends. The Weekend Novelist shows writers of all levels how to divide their writing time into weekend work sessions, and how to handle character, scene, and plot. This new, revised version is far more skills-based than its predecessor, and includes both classic and contemporary literature models, contains a sample "Novel in Progress," and at the end offers readers the choice to rewrite their novel, draft a memoir, or turn their rough draft into a screenplay. Readers for a decade have been instructed and inspired by The Weekend Novelist. This new edition will help many more strive to realize their writing potential.
• Offers a practical, structured approach to finishing a novel
• Ray has taught more than 10,000 students over 25 years and continues to teach new classes that attract new readers to his books
• Replaces ISBN: 0-4405-0594-1
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Category: Language Arts & Disciplines
- Published: Apr 01, 2005
- Publisher: Ten Speed Press
- Seller: Random House, LLC
- Print Length: 288 Pages
- Language: English