The Yahoo! Style Guide
The Ultimate Sourcebook for Writing, Editing, and Creating Content for the Digital World
Yahoo! & Chris Barr
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
WWW may be an acronym for the World Wide Web, but no one could fault you for thinking it stands for wild, wild West. The rapid growth of the Web has meant having to rely on style guides intended for print publishing, but these guides do not address the new challenges of communicating online. Enter The Yahoo! Style Guide. From Yahoo!, a leader in online content and one of the most visited Internet destinations in the world, comes the definitive reference on the essential elements of Web style for writers, editors, bloggers, and students. With topics that range from the basics of grammar and punctuation to Web-specific ways to improve your writing, this comprehensive resource will help you:
- Shape your text for online reading
- Construct clear and compelling copy
- Write eye-catching and effective headings
- Develop your site's unique voice
- Streamline text for mobile users
- Optimize webpages to boost your chances of appearing in search results
- Create better blogs and newsletters
- Learn easy fixes for your writing mistakes
- Write clear user-interface text
This essential sourcebook—based on internal editorial practices that have helped Yahoo! writers and editors for the last fifteen years—is now at your fingertips.
Great First Chapter!
Looking forward to buy one!
- Category: Writing
- Published: Jul 06, 2010
- Publisher: St. Martin's Press
- Seller: Macmillan
- Print Length: 528 Pages
- Language: English