There Are Other Rivers
On Foot Across India
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Alastair Humphreys walked across India, from the Coromandel Coast to the Malabar Coast, following the course of a holy river.
Walking alone and spending the nights sleeping under the stars, in the homes of welcoming strangers or in small towns and villages, he experienced the dusty enchantment of ordinary, real India on the smallest of budgets.
There Are Other Rivers tells the story of the walk through an account of a single day as well as reflecting on the allure of difficult journeys and the eternal appeal of the open road.
Nominated for National Geographic’s ‘Adventurer of the Year’
Reviews for previous books:
- “Believe me, he can write, and rather well” - Geographical
- “...displays a tendency for Big Hairy Audacious Goals that is almost unnerving.”
- “This book has it all: it’s a great travel read, a look into the human soul and how most people, given enough determination, could attempt something like this.”
- “No expensive equipment or ‘fastest, strongest, quickest’; just a brilliant, understated story.”
- “Simply outstanding.”
- “If you prefer the comfort of your armchair these books will still stir your imagination and curiosity for the world.”
- “An absolute must-read or any passionate traveller.”
- “Wow... another great book by Alastair Humphreys.”
- “One of the best adventure travel books I’ve read.”