Top 10 Dinosaurs of 2014: An I Know Dino Book
Top 10 Dinosaurs - The 10 Biggest Dinosaur Discoveries of 2014
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
“The water is murky. Sand and grit stir it up, making it difficult for the giant predator with the 6-foot-tall sail on his back to see. He lowers his mouth into the water, his high nostrils allowing him to breathe easily while the pits on his snout feel for pressure and sense for fish swimming nearby.
Nothing moves, or at least nothing worth attempting to catch. The large theropod—Spinosaurus—wades into the water. Tired from balancing his long head and neck with his short back legs, Spinosaurus relaxes as he submerges like a crocodile, flexing his flat, webbed feet in the water.”
In the golden age of dinosaur discoveries, paleontologists are frequently learning about new dinosaurs and new facts about already known species.
At least 14 dinosaurs made the headlines in 2014 alone. Blending fiction with fact, Top 10 Dinosaurs of 2014 reimagines the way 10 of the newly described Jurassic and Cretaceous dinosaurs lived in their natural habitats.
• The chicken from hell Anzu wyliei
• The American eagle-faced Aquilops americanus
• The long-feathered robber Changyuraptor yangi
• The terrible hand Deinocheirus mirificus
• The fear-nothing dinosaur Dreadnoughtus schrani
• The Kulinda River running dinosaur Kulindadromeus zabaikalicus
• The polar bear lizard Nanuqsaurus hoglundi
• The Pinocchio Rex Qianzhousaurus sinensis
• The spiny lizard Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
• The savage lizard Torvosaurus gurneyi
Also includes a list of fun facts about each dinosaur and links to more resources!
If you want to hear more about your favorite dinosaurs, download the “I Know Dino” podcast.
Reader disclaimer: Each dinosaur is written in its own, short, reimagined scene, based on all the scientific facts paleontologist's currently know. Scenes are followed by a short list of facts. If you'd like to learn more facts about each dinosaur, listen to the corresponding I Know Dino podcast episode, listed at the end of each scene.