Grand Canyon National Park: Illustrated Travel Guide & Maps (Mobi Travel)
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: Buy, Eat & Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe
1. General: Tourism | History | Geography | Geology | Biology and Ecology | Climate
2. Map: Grand Canyon Area | Grand Canyon Village | Road Map
3. Transport: Get In | Get Around | Grand Canyon Railway | Santa Fe Railway
4. Landmarks: South Rim | North Rim | Hualapai Indian Reservation / Grand Canyon West | Havasupai Indian Reservation | Kaibab National Forest | Lake Mead National Recreation Area
5. National Monuments: Montezuma Castle | Pipe Spring | Sunset Crater Volcano | Tuzigoot | Walnut Canyon | Wupatki | Parashant National Monument
6. Trails & Activities: Activities | Leave-no-trace camping | Backcountry trails | Routes | Above-Rim
7. Get Out: Cities | National Parks
Other Books in This Series
- Category: United States
- Published: Sep 30, 2010
- Publisher: MobileReference
- Seller: MobileReference
- Print Length: 777 Pages
- Language: English
- Series: Mobi Travel