25 Twitter Projects to Help You Build Your Community
J. S. McDougall
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
"OK. I’ve got my Twitter account…now what can I do with it?" Sound familiar? #tweetsmart provides the answer with 25 creative projects to help your business, cause, or organization grow. But this isn’t just another social media marketing book—it’s the anti-marketing how-to community-engagement book.
Twitter is not a marketing channel (and should never be used as such) but it is a community of interested, engaged, and influential people. Meeting and getting to know these people can help you build your own community. In this useful guide, you’ll find projects to help you approach your Twitter audience in ways that are strategic, measurable, and fun.
- Put a new wrinkle on an old contest: "be the 10th person to tweet"
- Create a hashtag game around your company or products
- Instead of polling, ask your followers to help you make a product decision
- Make MadLibs out of your marketing copy or mission statement
- Hold a scavenger hunt, and relay clues via Twitter
- Organize a weekly Twitter chat on various subjects
- Solicit funny product shots, using Twitter’s photo-sharing utility
- Spontaneously tweet from a store location: "Meet me now and win!"
An excellent collection of Twitter promotion ideas!
Who says marketing has to be boring? This quick read contains 25 innovative ideas that you can begin implementing right away to create effective promotions that will engage your audience in fun ways. Jesse's lighthearted tone and conversational writing style makes this an entertaining read, and his experience in online marketing will help you to avoid common mistakes made by folks who have failed to leverage the power of social media effectively.