Opening the iTunes Store.If iTunes doesn't open, click the iTunes application icon in your Dock or on your Windows desktop.Progress Indicator
Opening the iBooks Store.If iBooks doesn't open, click the iBooks app in your Dock.Progress Indicator

iTunes is the world's easiest way to organize and add to your digital media collection.

We are unable to find iTunes on your computer. To download from the iTunes Store, get iTunes now.

Already have iTunes? Click I Have iTunes to open it now.

I Have iTunes Free Download
iTunes for Mac + PC

Two Novels of the Revolutionary War

Rise to Rebellion and The Glorious Cause

This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.


From Jeff Shaara, the modern master of military fiction, whose father reinvented the war novel with his Pulitzer Prize–winning classic The Killer Angels, comes an exclusive eBook edition collecting two stirring novels of the American Revolution: Rise to Rebellion and The Glorious Cause.
“Gripping human drama.”—Baltimore Sun
Rise to Rebellion brilliantly brings to life the early days of the American Revolution, creating an unforgettable saga of the men who helped to forge the destiny of a nation—from idealistic attorney John Adams to audacious inventor and philosopher Benjamin Franklin. Shaara’s most impressive achievement reveals how philosophers became fighters, how ideas became their ammunition, and how a scattered group of colonies became the United States of America.
“Vivid and compelling . . . Shaara reaches new heights here, with a narrative that’s impossible to put down.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
The Glorious Cause brings the saga of victory and defeat full circle, from the stunning victory at Trenton to the British surrender at Yorktown—a moment that changed the history of the world. This dramatic concluding volume is a tribute to the amazing people who turned ideas into action and fought to declare themselves free.

Customer Reviews

Two Novels of the Revoutionary War

It's hard to say that a 1500 page historical novel about the Revolutionary War is a "page turner", but I couldn't wait to get home nights and start reading it's that good. It's said that we only see 10% of an iceberg. What most of us know about the Revolution may equate to what we can see of an iceberg. This book reveals much of the remaining 90% with a passion for detail and gripping story telling. If you want to be entertained while learning part of our past, this is a fabulous book to do it with.

Two Novels of the Revolutionary War

Mr Shaara writes a masterful and entertaining account of the men on both sides whose strengths and weaknesses of character and ability gave birth to our nation. Without giving into sensationalism or base character assassination, he takes us on the most exciting journey a patriot of any generation could make.

Two Novels of the Revolutionary War
View in iTunes
  • $10.99
  • Available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.
  • Category: Historical
  • Published: Jan 14, 2013
  • Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
  • Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
  • Print Length: 1168 Pages
  • Language: English
  • Requirements: To view this book, you must have an iOS device with iBooks 1.3.1 or later and iOS 4.3.3 or later, or a Mac with iBooks 1.0 or later and OS X 10.9 or later.

Customer Ratings