Understand Alzheimer’s: A First-Time Caregiver’s Plan to Understand & Prepare for Alzheimer’s & Dementia
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease can be frightening and overwhelming—and not just for the patient. Becoming the primary caregiver for a newly diagnosed loved one can be one of the most challenging—and one of the most rewarding—experiences possible.
In Understand Alzheimer’s: A First-Time Caregiver’s Plan to Understand & Prepare for Alzheimer’s & Dementia, you’ll find a wealth of practical and useful information to help you and your loved one deal with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. Understand Alzheimer’s is a guide to providing compassionate care for a spouse, parent, sibling, or friend, from the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease until the end of life.
Understand Alzheimer’s is a comprehensive and thoughtful guide to caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s, with:
• An in-depth explanation of the seven stages of Alzheimer’s disease and what the diagnosis means
• Checklists for how to prepare your loved one’s surroundings for safety and ease of activities
• Compassionate advice for managing your stress and finding the balance to keep you from feeling depressed, lonely, and isolated
• A list of resources with information for supporting those with Alzheimer’s disease, and organizations that can help build a caregiving network
• A guide to Alzheimer’s treatment options and a checklist for dealing with medical professionals
• Helpful suggestions for managing the changes in your loved one’s behavior
Living with Alzheimer’s disease presents daily challenges for both the caregiver and patient. Understand Alzheimer’s is a practical guide that helps you and your loved one cope with Alzheimer’s while maintaining the best quality of life possible for both of you.
Understand Alzheimer's A first-time caregiver's plan
This book is concise and an easy read for anyone seeking knowledge about caregiving for a loved one with Alzheimer's. The book provides lay man's terms and descriptions that allow for easy understanding. The book discusses all necessary options and actions needed when preparing for the progression of Alzheimers. Highly recommend this book for everyone to read because most assuredly, we will all have someone we love sometime in our life, be diagnosed with this deadly disease.
If you are planning to care for someone with Alzheimer's, be sure to read this book
This book was extremely helpful and insightful. My siblings and I might have to start making serious decisions to care for my aging mother, and "Understand Alzheimer's" lays out what we needed to know in terms of diagnosis, realistic expectations, daily logistics and effective communication. This book is just what you'll need if you're starting to deal with the realities of a loved one with Alzheimer's.
Understanding Alzheimer;s is a good care taking guide
The book Understanding Alzheimer’s is a concise guide to taking care of an Alzheimer’s patient. The book handles the topic with great care. The author takes the time to discuss what to expect; from the diagnosis, to how to handle everything that comes along with taking care of someone suffering from the disease.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Published: Jan 07, 2014
- Publisher: Callisto Media Inc.
- Seller: Callisto Media, Inc.
- Print Length: 142 Pages
- Language: English