Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
With more than 350,000 copies sold, Understanding Exposure has demystified the complex concepts of exposure for countless photographers. Now updated with current technologies, more than one hundred new images, and an all-new chapter, this new edition will inspire you more than ever to free yourself from “auto” and create the pictures you truly want.
In his trademark easy-to-understand style, author Bryan Peterson explains the relationship between aperture and shutter speed, including how to achieve successful exposures in seemingly difficult situations. You’ll learn:
• Which aperture gives you the greatest contrast and sharpness, and when to use it
• Which apertures guarantee the background remains an out-of-focus tone
• Which one aperture—when combined with the right lens—creates an area of sharpness from three feet to infinity
• How to creatively use shutter speed to either freeze an action or imply motion
• Where to take a meter reading when shooting a sunset, snow, or a city at dusk
With new information on white balance, flash, HDR, and more, this updated classic will inspire you to stop guessing and take control of your settings for better photos anytime, anywhere, and with any camera.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Well worth the money
For someone like myself looking to learn the important basics of digital photography and how to get out of your camera's "auto" modes, this is a
must have. I couldn't stop reading. And having the camera settings listed under each picture in the book is awesome to have.
Thanks to this book I now have a much better understanding of exposure and photography in general. I've read other books and they give the theory, which is good, but this one is more hands-on and fun to read. I'll now get the "Understanding Shutter Speed". Thanks Bryan!
Great book useful specially for beginner
- Category: Photography
- Published: Aug 10, 2010
- Publisher: Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony
- Seller: Random House, LLC
- Print Length: 176 Pages
- Language: English