From Colonial America to the New Century. Presidents of the United States, Maps, Constitutional documents and more
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This guide is based on the College Entrance Examination Board test in Advanced Placement United States History. The guide covers what most U.S. history students study in high school and college.
Intended for everyone interested in U.S. History, particularly high school and college students.
- Fully illustrated.
- Navigate from Table of Contents or search for words or phrases.
- Add Bookmarks
- Text annotation and mark-up
- Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
- Use your down time to prepare for an exam.
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
Table of Contents
I. Colonial America
II. The Early Republic
III. The Crisis of the Republic
IV. Wealth, Innovation, and World Power
V. Into the American Century
VI. America as a Superpower
VII. Hope, Adversity and Challenges for the New Century
Appendix A: Presidents and Vice Presidents of the United States
Appendix B: Famous Third Parties
Appendix C: Outline of United States history
Appendix D: Constitutional documents
I. Colonial America (1690 - 1754)
1. Pre-Columbian Societies (Before 1492)
2. European History (Before 1492)
3. Transatlantic Encounters and Colonial Beginnings (1492 - 1690)
4. Colonial North America (1690 - 1754)
II. The Early Republic (1754 - 1837)
1. The American Revolutionary Era (1754 - 1789)
2. The Early Republic (1787 - 1810)
3. Jeffersonian Democracy
4. War, Nationalism, and Division (1812-1837)
III. The Crisis of the Republic (1837 - 1877)
1. Manifest Destiny and the Slavery Question (1837-1861)
2. A Nation Divided: The American Civil War (1861-1865)
3. Reconstruction (1865-1877)
IV. Wealth, Innovation, and World Power (1877 - 1913)
1. The Age of Invention and the Gilded Age (1877 - 1900)
2. The Progressive Era (1900 - 1914)
V. Into the American Century (1913 - 1945)
1. The War to End All Wars (1914 - 1920)
2. The Roaring Twenties (1920 - 1929)
3. The Great Depression and the New Deal (1929 - 1939)
4. Spanish Civil War (1936-1939)
5. The World At War (1939 - 1945)
VI. America as a Superpower (1945 - 2001)
1. The Cold War (1945 - 1953)
2. The Fifties (1953 - 1961)
3. The Sixties (1961 - 1969)
4. National and International Crises (1969 - 1981)
5. The Reagan Revolution (1981 - 1993)
6. Bush and Clinton presidencies, 1st Gulf War (1989 - 2000)
VII. Hope, Adversity and Challenges for the New Century (2001 -
1. George W. Bush, September 11, 2nd Gulf War, and Terrorism
2. Growing Crisis with Iran (2002-)
3. Election 2008
5. Election 2012
Customers Also Bought
- Category: United States
- Published: Jan 01, 2010
- Publisher: MobileReference
- Seller: MobileReference
- Language: English