What I Know About Poker: Lessons in Texas Hold'em, Omaha, and Other Poker Games
Lessons in Texas Hold'em, Omaha, and Other Poker Games
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Poker is not a ‘get rich quick’ scheme. Becoming a consistent winner takes effort and dedication. In this collection of classic articles and much new material, prolific poker strategy writer Alex Scott explains:
- How to use Expected Value, Pot Odds, Position, and the principle of Tight-Aggressive play to make good decisions
- How to transform your No Limit Hold’em game in five simple steps
- How to play Five Card Draw, Lowball Draw, Triple Draw, Badugi, Five Card Stud, Seven Card Stud, Razz, Stud Eight or Better, Chicago, Super Stud, Omaha, Omaha Eight or Better, 5 and 6-Card Omaha, Double Flop Hold’em and Omaha, Courchevel, and Chinese Poker – including basic strategy guides and dealing tips for each variant
- How to play when the river is dealt
- What to do when you play your first live tournament
- When to pass up close gambles in tournaments
- How to avoid common bet-sizing mistakes
- How to use Fold Equity
- How to make money playing Short-Stack Strategy (and how to defend against shortstacking opponents)
- How to turn a small investment into big money playing Steps Sit & Gos
- When to bet into a dry side pot
- How to play when your opponents straddle
- How to utilise the ‘squeeze play’
- How to avoid results-oriented thinking
- How to keep good records
- How to use tells and your opponents’ mannerisms when playing live poker
- How the Tight-Aggressive and Loose-Aggressive styles evolved
- How to use M and the Independent Chip Model (ICM) to make better decisions in Sit & Go tournaments
- How to avoid common ‘robotic’ and predictable plays
- How to play when you are card dead
- How to defeat online opponents who are using HUDs
- How to use the metagame to your advantage
- Why Nietzsche was Right about Poker
- How Superstition hurts your game, and how you can best use intuition
The book includes 13 quizzes to test your knowledge of the material covered.
One of the most comprehensive poker guides available, ‘What I Know About Poker’ is a must-have for any player’s library.
What I know about Texas Hold'em
Great book to read for intermediate level players!