What They'll Never Tell You About the Music Business, Third Edition
The Complete Guide for Musicians, Songwriters, Producers, Managers, Industry Executives, Attorneys, Investors, and Accountants
Peter M. Thall
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
The completely revised and expanded edition of What They’ll Never Tell You About the Music Business is a must-have reference. You’ll learn:
- How many musicians have seized do-it-yourself internet opportunities to create successful business models,
- How the royalty pie is sliced—and who gets the pieces,
- How the fundamentals of music publishing, producing, managing, touring, and the record industry apply more than ever,
- Why this book is the indispensable guide to the worldwide music industry,
- How corporate general counsels can educate their employees (and themselves) to understand the strictures of copyright law and to avoid trouble,
- And much more.
From the Trade Paperback edition.