What's for Dinner?
Delicious Recipes for a Busy Life
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
130 easy-to-make meals for every night of the week, from the host of FOX’s My Kitchen Rules
Celebrity chef Curtis Stone knows life can get busy. But as a dad, he also believes that sitting down to a home-cooked meal with family and friends is one of life’s greatest gifts. In his fifth cookbook, he offers both novice cooks and seasoned chefs mouthwatering recipes that don’t rely on fancy, hard-to-find ingredients and special equipment. And he breaks them down into seven simple categories:
• Motivating Mondays: Healthy meals that start the week off right—Fennel-Roasted Chicken and Winter Squash with Endive-Apple Salad; Grilled Shrimp and Rice Noodle Salad
• Time-Saving Tuesdays: Quick and easy recipes for simple meals—Steak and Green Bean Stir-Fry with Ginger and Garlic; Grilled Pork Chops and Vegetable Gratin with Caper-Parsley Vinaigrette
• One-Pot Wednesdays: Flavorful dishes with minimal cleanup—Chicken and Chorizo Paella; Rosemary Salt-Crusted Pork Loin with Roasted Shallots, Potatoes, Carrots, and Parsnips
• Thrifty Thursdays: Yummy meals on a budget—Sliders with Red Onion Marmalade and Blue Cheese; Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Pasta Bake with Cheddar
• Five-Ingredient Fridays: Fun, fast recipes to kick off the weekend—Grilled Harissa Lamb Rack with Summer Succotash; Seared Scallops and Peas with Bacon and Mint
• Dinner Party Saturdays: Extraordinary dishes to share with friends and family—Asian Crab Cakes with Mango Chutney; Mushroom Ragout on Creamy Grits
• Family Supper Sundays: Comforting, slow-simmering food for relaxing around the table—Southern Fried Chicken; Barbecued Spareribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
And don’t forget sweet treats such as Peach and Almond Cobbler and Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote. Loaded with enticing photos, What’s for Dinner? will inspire you and bring confidence to your kitchen and happiness to your table.
Praise for What’s for Dinner?
“Designed to help make meal time easy, fun and tasty despite everyone’s hectic schedules.”—People
“Full of simple recipes for every busy night of the week.”—The Kansas City Star
“Stone delivers simple recipes, many of which can be made (start to finish) in less than 40 minutes.”—The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“What could be better than having a new arsenal of Stone's recipes at your fingertips? . . . Charming for both his accent and kitchen knowledge, this man is as down to earth as they come.”—Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“Curtis Stone gets it. . . . Family favorites, fresh ingredients, and simple prep—all of which is on display on every page of his beautiful book.”—Jenny Rosenstrach, author of Dinner: A Love Story
“A visionary and entrepreneur, he hopes to inspire individuals to ditch the drive-thru and start firing up their ovens at home. . . . A day-to-day guide packed with easy, mouthwatering recipes for every night of the week.”—Spry Living
“The book features a ton of delicious recipes organized by a different theme for every day of the week.”—D Magazine
Love it !
I saw this book on Google plus . I have noticed how easy and healthy these meals are too. Seriously , this has made my life so easy because of the simplicity of the meals. Trust me ! You will love it
- Category: Methods
- Published: Apr 09, 2013
- Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
- Seller: Penguin Random House LLC
- Print Length: 320 Pages
- Language: English