Wish for You
Book 4, Boys of the South
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
From New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Marquita Valentine, comes the 4th book in her new adult series, BOYS OF THE SOUTH.
There's only one place in the world Lacey Evans feels normal--the roller derby track. When she laces up her skates and fastens her helmet, she'd powerful and in charge. She knows exactly what to do and say. The rules are clear and penalties are given for those who don't follow them. But in the real world, she's far from powerful and in charge. She never knows exactly what to do or say For years, she counted on one person to be exactly who he said he was--her best friend, Wyatt Tanaka. Only she changed the rules on him, without any warning, and now she's the one being punished.
Marine Veteran, Wyatt Tanaka, came home to a hero's welcome. Only he's hiding a secret that makes him anything but a hero and could potentially destroy his life. He's doing the best he can, trying to cope with the guilt, and the pain of the girl he loves pushing him away by doing all the things he'd sworn not to. With Lacey's new rules, he has nothing and no one to hold onto. Nothing to keep him from feeling dead. Instead, he allows nameless women, bars, drugs, and drinking consume him.
Then one night, he goes too far, gets in too deep, and when the truth comes out… will Lacey push him away or help save him?
Boys of the South:
Live For You- Cole
Only For You- conclusion of Cole’s story
True For You- Jackson
All For You- West
Wish For You- Wyatt
Burn For You- Beau
Melt For You - Parker
I Adored Wish For You...Let Me Tell You Why
I adored Wish For You, for several reasons:
- I love friends-to-lovers stories, and Wyatt and Lacey are exactly that.
- Wyatt's journey. He has issues, stemming from his time served in Afghanistan. Like a lot of returned soldiers, he's hesitant to face the issues head on, and instead drowns them in women and drugs/alcohol. It takes a while, and a serious wake up call, but Wish For You does address Wyatt's battle to tackle his demons.
- Lacey is a roller derby chick! I loved that Lacey is a part of this exciting and tough sport. We get a lot of male athlete stories, but not the ladies.
- BEAU MONTGOMERY! If you've read this series (and Drive Me Crazy, from the Holland Springs series) from the beginning, you my understand why I adore him so. Lemme say, Beau threw me for a total loop! I was shocked. I was giggly. And I may have swoooooooned a little bit for this mischievous and sexy bad boy.
- Wyatt Tanaka is Japanese-American. Not a big deal, really. But I like the diversity.
-Lacey is special. Not special in the "Oh I'm a beautiful and mysterious heroine and only I can heal my bad boy." Lacey has always had quirks and the clues as to what makes her...how she is, is finally answered in Wish For You.
Wish For You is probably my favorite in the Boys of the South series so far. I am so, so excited for Beau's book, Burn For You.
I read this book in 1 day. I could not put it down. Can't wait for the next one to come out.
A must read!
Pretty great book. Love the characters.