The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
La Leche League International
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
The long-awaited revised edition!
It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations. Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers
• real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
• strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
• reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
• recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
• helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
• guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
I am not only a mother of 5 children, (that I all breast fed) but a registered nurse, and I'm not even finished halfway through the book and I really love it! I only wish I would have bought it sooner, it has great preparation for birth and what to anticipate early on. If you are REALLY serious about being successful at breast feeding and want to learn about how much more breast feeding can be than just food for your child, you owe it to yourself and your baby to read this book!!! I'm buying this book for all my expecting friends.
Womenly Art of Breastfeeding by LLL
Known to lactation professionals as the "Bible on Breastfeeding" My first copy was given to me in 1982 by my first son's pediatrician, then just a short blue booklet! 28 years later, I still recommend this book as a neonatal RN, Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and mother of 3 breastfed sons who have passed on this art of healthy feeding to their wives!
Breastfeeding must have!
Breastfeeding is such a natural way to feed your baby, but is not without it's difficulty. This book is a great help.