Kids' Vocab - MindSnacks
*** One of the best educational apps of the year - Apple (iTunes Rewind) ***
Now kids can build vocab anywhere, anytime, all while having fun. With 9 addictive games designed to help understand words rather than just memorize them, our Kids’ Vocab app will broaden kids’ vocabularies and sharpen their reading & writing skills. There’s only one rule: no boring flash cards allowed.
Just like in our Parents’ Choice Award-winning SAT Vocab app, the games in Kids’ Vocab focus on different aspects of vocabulary development. Each lesson features new words and phrases while teaching spelling, usage and pronunciation. In other words, vocabularies everywhere are about to hit a major growth spurt.
Perfect for children ages 7 to 12 (grades 2 - 7), Kids’ Vocab includes one free lesson. And with 25 full lessons in the upgraded version, be warned: consistent use may result in increased reading comprehension, frequent use of big words and occasionally outsmarting full-grown adults.
* PRESS *
Kid’s Vocab named one of the “best apps for kids from 2013 that parents can trust.”
The iPhone Mom
"My 10 year old daughter has been devouring MindSnacks’ Kids’ Vocab faster than an after school snack. I love watching her vocabulary grow and she's even conquering her spelling nemesis. Just like making healthy snack choices after school, MindSnacks is an addicting app that gets this Mom's approval."
* FEATURES *
-- 9 unique games including one designed to teach proper word usage
-- Curriculum based on Common Core Standards and designed to teach context, spelling, categorization and more
-- Game speed and mechanics optimized specifically for kids ages 7-12
-- Hand-illustrated image library and spoken audio clips to help memorize words
-- 350 essential vocabulary words & phrases to master
-- 25 lessons tailored for elementary & middle school students (upgrade required)
-- Personalized learning algorithms to maximize memorization & retention
-- Additional quests & challenges will keep kids motivated
-- Not a single boring, mind-numbing or snooze-inducing quiz, class or lesson allowed
* WHAT OUR (SUPER AWESOME) FANS HAVE TO SAY *
“I got this for my 7-year old niece and she is addicted to the cat game (Pounce). So good to see her enjoy a game that’s educational!”
“The lessons are right on point, and they’ve introduced some really stunning features. My kids just adore it. Love the fish game :) Well done!”
* THE SCIENCE BEHIND MINDSNACKS *
At MindSnacks we like to keep it fun, but we’re serious about learning. That’s why our Kids’ vocab app includes 9 rich and engaging games designed by Ivy League instructors. Each app focuses on a different aspect of vocabulary building, creating a well-rounded learning experience that goes far beyond simple flashcards and word lists.
All lessons in Kids’ Vocab were formulated by in-house education experts who synthesized a list of indispensable words and phrases using their own research as well as numerous state curricula. As kids play through the games, they will encounter usage guidelines and example sentences as well as fun factoids about homophones, word parts, etymology, and figurative language. The games also feature a unique algorithm that adapts to each student’s performance, selectively repeating material the student has yet to master. It truly is the only vocab app for kids that was built on their terms.
Perfect for kids ages 7 to 12 (grades 2 -7), our Kids’ Vocab app will keep little learners everywhere entertained just about anywhere. And with nary a flashcard in sight, vocabularies everywhere are set to launch well into the fourth dimension of awesome.
* SUPPORT *
For more information or support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you’re feeling social, come on over and like, follow or tweet us.
VISIT US: mindsnacks.com
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/mindsnacks
LIKE US: facebook.com/mindsnacks
View in iTunes
Stop Motion Studio
Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"This app has lots of attractive features, making it super easy to get into stop motion video. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with it.”
“With a little creativity and a lot of patience, there’s much fun to be had with this app! Check it out.
“...for satisfying the inner animation producer in all of us.”
“It includes some exciting features.”
“Let's Make a Movie!”
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection.
Create beautiful stop motion animated movies anywhere instantly on your device. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. No computer needed. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Overlay mode to show you the differences between frames for precise control
• Grid mode to position animated objects more easily
• Ability to use the volume button on your device to capture images
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview at different speeds
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
Do amazing things*:
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures from your photo library into your movie.
• Remote Camera: Get a new perspective! Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by painting over it.
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
• Colorize your movie with different paint tools and paint directly onto the image.
• Crop, rotate or flip an image the way you like it.
• Use the magic eraser to magically erase unwanted parts of the image.
• Merge frames together to simulate fast movement.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.*
• Camera zoom
• Automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure control
• Cinema Mode (2.35:1)
Record Audio or Add Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples*
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Record audio or voiceover directly to your movie
• Adjust the volume of any sound track
• Import audio from Dropbox or any other app.
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export all images
• Project Import and Export
Share Your Movie on the Web and in Your Home
• Publish directly to YouTube, Facebook, DropBox or iCloud
• Transfer your movies to your computer
• Built-in parental controls to manage access
* Optional feature. Requires in-app purchase. All features are already included in Pro version.
View in iTunes
StoryLines Comix harnesses the power of storytelling to illustrate words through student-created comic strips.
* Select from over 150,000 defined words.
* Create a comic in minutes with enhanced photos, text balloons and stickers.
* Login through Edmodo to share comics in the Lex-o-Com: our safe, moderated, COPPA-compliant online comic dictionary.
* Browse the Lex-o-Com to find your favorite comics!
View in iTunes
Explain Everything Whiteboard
Explain Everything Whiteboard - the best whiteboard and screencasting app for iPad and iPhone.
CAPTURE, ANNOTATE, AND ZOOM OUT ON THE BIG PICTURE
Explain Everything’s infinite-touch canvas, zoom, and mix recording is an unreal experience that you have to try to believe. Explain Everything is optimized for iPad, Apple Pencil, and transforming your imagination for what is possible with mobile devices.
EASY AND INTUITIVE
You don’t have to be creative to express your ideas creatively. Capture every experience by inserting, including Drag and Drop, all the media you need to tell your story: images, websites, videos, PDF & PPT files, and more. Immediately record and share authentic moments as stories.
SEE YOUR IDEAS CLICK INTO PLACE
Share to anyone, anywhere, what is most compelling for your audience and inspire them from GIF to MP4 to YouTube and more.
If you need to restore an Explain Everything subscription, find it in Settings -> Integrations. If you had previously chosen to subscribe, you will be charged the price according to your plan and country. Prices would have been shown in the app before you complete a payment.
Subscriptions renew every month/year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You will be charged for one.
View in iTunes
Quizlet is the easiest way to practice and master what you’re learning. Create your own flashcards and study sets or choose from millions created by other students — it’s up to you. More than 30 million students study for free with Quizlet each month!
*NEW* See what you're learning in a whole new way with diagrams on Quizlet! Study charts, maps, images and figures with Learn and Match. Explore diagrams on Quizlet and find the perfect one for you.
On Quizlet you can:
- Get test-day ready with Learn
- Put your memory to the test with Write
- Race against the clock in a game of Match
- Share flashcards with friends, classmates or students
- Listen to your material pronounced correctly in 18 languages
- Enhance your studying with custom images and audio
From foreign language, history and science classes to standardized test prep, Quizlet can help you get test-day ready.
What our students say when they leave 5-star reviews:
*“Best study app ever!!”*
*“The only app I use when I need to get down to business.”*
*“Quizlet is by far the best studying app I’ve downloaded. It’s packed full of different ways to studying for upcoming tests!”*
We love feedback! Please email us at email@example.com or find us on Twitter or Instagram @quizlet.
If you enjoy the app, please leave a review. It means a lot!
*The fine print:
View in iTunes
Book Creator for iPad
* THE No.1 Book app for the iPad in 90+ countries.
* Voted Best Educational App in the 2015 BETT Awards.
Book Creator is the simple way to make your own beautiful ebooks, right on your iPad.
With over 30 million ebooks created so far, Book Creator is ideal for making all kinds of books, including children's picture books, comic books, photo books, journals, textbooks and more.
And when you're done, easily share your book, or even publish to the iBooks Store!
- Book Creator makes e-book publishing easy - Wired
- One of the Top 50 Apps for the iPad - The Guardian
- Winner of a Parents' Choice Gold Award
* Add text, choosing from over 50 fonts
* Add photos and images from your iPad's photo library, from the web, or use the iPad's camera
* Resize, rotate and position content as you like with guidelines and snap positioning
* Add video and music, and even record your voice
* Use the pen tool to draw and annotate your book
* Choose from portrait, landscape or square book sizes
* Add super powers to your books with comic templates, stickers and styles
* A quick tap and you're reading your book in iBooks!
MANY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR BOOK
* Publish your book online (teachers only)
* Send your book by email
* AirDrop to iPhone, iPad or MacBook
* Use a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive (and more)
* Save your book as a movie file and upload to the web
* Print using AirPrint or other printer apps, or export as a PDF
* Ability to send via WebDav server, or simply connect your iPad and transfer to iTunes
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!
Book Creator ebooks are created using the international ePub standard, so you know they will be readable now and in the future. Book Creator books are optimized for easy publishing to the iBooks Store.
See examples of published books at pinterest.com/bookcreator
NOTE - FIXED LAYOUT EBOOKS:
Book Creator supports iBooks' fixed layout format, including double page images and soundtracks. Fixed layout books are not suitable if you want to create novels, where text flows from page to page. You will not be able to copy in large amounts of text from other documents.
FIRST CLASS SUPPORT
The app includes a Getting Started manual, plus we have an online support forum at bookcreator.com/support with how-to articles and email support.
We love to talk via Twitter - say hello @BookCreatorApp
PERFECT FOR THE CLASSROOM:
Book Creator is open-ended, creative and cross curriculum, and is one of the most popular iPad apps for teachers across the world.
“Book Creator sits atop my list of the best educational apps. I’ve used Book Creator with learners of all ages, from kindergarten to adults. Its simplicity is refreshing, allowing authors to focus on their content.”
- Tony Vincent, Learning and Technology Consultant, learninginhand.com
“In my opinion the essential education app for the iPad!”
- Andrew Rhodes, Apple Distinguished Educator and Director of Technology, International School of Stavanger
“I love this app. It’s an incredibly powerful app with a deceptively easy to use interface. One of the three iPad apps every elementary school should buy.”
- Dan Callahan, Instructional Technology Specialist K-5 with 1:1 iPads
Read case studies and lesson plans from teachers using Book Creator at bookcreator.com/blog
"What a great tool! It’s sleek, intuitive, and easy. Being able to design a fixed layout picture book right on the iPad makes total sense. Highly recommended."
- Liz Castro, Author of ‘EPUB Straight to the Point: Creating ebooks for the Apple iPad and other ereaders’
"The app is super intuitive! I was working on a book for my 7 year old niece (who lives in Brazil) in no time. It took me about 30 minutes to put together a book for her, publish in iBooks and email the ePub file to my brother…to open it up on his iPad…. for my niece to read it."
- Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano, langwitches.org
View in iTunes
Reading Raven HD
Help your children learn to read with their own personal reading adventure guide!
▸ Voted Most Awesome Kids App of 2012 by over 100,000 Red Tricycle readers
▸ A Parents' Choice Award Winner
▸ Apple Staff Favorite and What's Hot in Education
▸ Rated Among Best Five iPad Apps to Teach Your Kid How to Read by Huffington Post
▸ Voted Among 12 Best Children’s Educational iPad Apps Released In 2012 by Teachers with Apps
"Reading Raven has one of the strongest educational and design foundations we have seen." -- Kindertown
"Finally – a seriously educational app that leads children from early phonological awareness and phonics right up to reading full sentences while integrating printing skills and teaching through games. Reading Raven for iPad is an incredible learn-to-read app, easily the best I’ve encountered to date in the App Store. I’m in love." -- Apps For Homeschooling
"If you are looking for a great iPad program for children’s early, emerging skills, this is the one I would recommend." -- Dr. Richard Selznick, Director of Cooper Learning Center and author of The Shut-Down Learner
"I can see [Kaylee] really learning and growing with this. Already she's starting to learn more and faster than she ever has before." -- Rita Webb, mother of two
Reading Raven is an extremely engaging learn-to-read educational game that provides step-by-step reading lessons designed to help young children build a solid foundation for reading.
- Self-paced lessons take kids all the way from pre-reading to reading sentences!
- 11 types of super fun games/activities that teach critical sub-skills!
- Configure profiles for multiple children!
- Fully customizable by age or reading level!
- Speed and tolerance dynamically adapt to motor control ability!
- Sticker rewards that reinforce what was learned!
- No pressure tactics!
- Extremely effective voice instructions and feedback!
- Free form letter and word writing!
- Children can pause and save their progress anytime!
- Beautiful hand-illustrated artwork!
- No third party advertising!
- No external links to social network sites!
With the Reading Raven companion guiding them along, children will go on delightful fun-filled adventures where they will encounter fly eating frogs, caterpillars that turn into butterflies, circus acrobats, ball balancing seals, underwater sea creatures, snow monsters, flying penguins, space robots, rhyming rockets, and much more!
Reading Raven includes the following progression of self-paced educational activities:
Ages 3 and Up
- Letter matching
- Letter tracing
- Letter recognition
- Word matching
Ages 4 and Up
- Word beginnings
- Word building (spelling)
- Word spotting
Ages 5 and Up
- Reading aloud using voice recording
- Word tracing
- Word groups (rhyming and beginning sounds)
Reading Raven includes five extensive lessons, with hundreds of individual activities in total. Parents and teachers will find the multi-sensory learning games to be a great complement to traditional classroom and home-based reading instruction.
Recommended Ages: 3-7
Categories: Reading, Phonics, Letters, Spelling, Writing, Vocabulary, Early Learning, Special Needs
Build your child's reading confidence with Reading Raven and watch their learning take flight.
Happy Reading Adventures!
MORE INFO, FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
Learn more about the product and our team: http://www.readingraven.com/
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/readingraven
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/readingraven
If you have feedback or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you!
We have kids too and take the privacy of you and your children seriously. This product does not collect any personally identifiable information by default.
View in iTunes
Draw and Tell HD - by Duck Duck Moose
Draw and Tell is an award-winning creative tool for children of all ages that encourages imagination, story telling and open-ended play. Use the tool to draw, color, decorate with stickers, create animations and record stories. AWARDS: Parents’ Choice Gold Award; Selected by Apple as New and Noteworthy; Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award. AGES: 3-9.
CATEGORY: Creative Expression
DRAW: Be creative!
- 27 crayons, paint brushes and colored pencils
- Rainbow and glow-in-the-dark crayons
- 150+ stickers with animals, food, cars, letters and more
- 32 backgrounds and 22 patterns
- 60+ stencils (iPad version only)
TELL: Create a story.
- Talk about your drawing or tell a story
- Move the stickers as you talk
- Create your own movie
COLOR & SHARE: Save a memory.
- Coloring pages with favorite Duck Duck Moose friends
- Save the drawings and recordings to your Photos and share with family and friends
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
(A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Duck Duck Moose is now part of the Khan Academy family. Like all Khan Academy offerings, all Duck Duck Moose apps are now free, without ads or subscriptions. We rely on our community of volunteers and donors. Get involved today at www.duckduckmoose.com/about.
Check out the Khan Academy app to learn and practice all kinds of topics for elementary school through college and beyond.
We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at www.duckduckmoose.com or drop us a line at email@example.com.
View in iTunes
Inkflow Visual Notebook
Inkflow is a note-taking and brainstorming experience unlike any other! Capture your ideas as easily as with pen and paper, then resize and reorganize them with your fingers.
DIGITAL WRITING DONE RIGHT
Inkflow's ink feels like a really smooth fountain pen. Great for expressive writing or sketching. Effortlessly scale or move anything you select. This will change the way you think about ink: Jot down a list of concepts then rearrange them to fit into the bigger picture. literally move your thoughts around the page, and assemble big ideas with your fingers. This works great for brainstorming and planning. It's also perfect for prototyping layouts, sketching, and drawing.
FULL RESOLUTION ZOOM
Zoom and pan with two fingers. Inkflow's ink stays sharp no matter how much you zoom in, so you can add fine details at full quality. It's also lightning fast and lag free. This allows writing and drawing with incredible precision, with or without a stylus.
TEXT, PHOTOS, and PAPER BACKGROUNDS TOO
Insert text boxes and photos anywhere on the page and resize them seamlessly with the ink. You can also choose from a selection of different paper backgrounds.
EASILY CREATE and SHARE
Inkflow let's you export your books to PDF, high-resolution JPEG, and share them via Twitter, Email, or with other Apps.
TRY INKFLOW FOR FREE
Rather than just read about Inkflow, go ahead and try it out: We've decided to make the Basic Edition of Inkflow completely FREE. The Basic Edition is a full featured note-taking and sketching app. It comes with the Fountain Pen with black ink, photos, and a standard set of 5 popular fonts for text. Books max out at 20 pages each, but you can create as many as you like.
*** NOTE: To delete ink, tap on the selection then tap delete. Tap on the book name to delete a book.
If you're looking for more, there is...
Upgrade instantly at any time to the Plus Edition to get:
- A customizable, full color palette,
- Pencil, Eraser, and Paint Brush tools,
- The Write-Behind Hilighter tool,
- Rotate, Cut, Copy, Paste Ink, and Page Management,
- Export as PNG with transparent backgrounds,
- Notebooks with unlimited pages,
- Custom paper backgrounds,
- An additional 50+ fonts,
- And more!
The Plus Edition lets you do even more things such as: Painting, cartooning, page layouts, and brainstorming in full color. Learn more in the in-App Quickstart Guide.
INKPORT: COPY AND PASTE FROM THE REAL WORLD
Only Inkflow Plus includes the revolutionary Inkport tool. Inkport uses your iPad's camera to instantly convert your written notes and sketches into Inkflow's native vector ink. Easily pull in materials from multiple sources and go from paper to iPad without missing a beat. Inkport is going to change the way you use paper in your workflow.
Universal App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch: Upgrade once and get Inkflow Plus on all your compatible devices connected to your iTunes account!
EDUCATORS: Inkflow Plus is also available as a standalone App, and qualifies for Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
A PLATFORM FOR CREATIVITY
We strongly believe that the iPad is not just a consumption device. It's a creativity device. Check out our whole range of creativity Apps on our website.
Keep on creating!
View in iTunes
HOMER: Kids' Learn-to-Read App
HOMER is the learn-to-read program powered by your child’s passions.
When kids read about what they love, they love learning to read - so the HOMER Method takes your child’s passions and current reading level, then creates a personalized learn-to-read plan that grows with them, from age 2 to 8.
HOMER works. Just 15 minutes a day has been proven to boost early reading scores by 74%. And, with thousands of learn-to-read stories, lessons and activities, you know your child will find something they love reading about.
Download the HOMER app and help your child learn to read today. After a 30-day free trial, HOMER costs just $7.99/month. You can easily cancel at anytime during your free trial.
Common Sense Media gives HOMER 5 stars.
PRESS AND REVIEWS
HOMER has been featured on the TODAY Show, Morning Joe, in the New York Times, USA Today, Forbes, Parents Magazine, and Common Sense Media and has won the prestigious Teachers Choice and Moms Choice Awards.
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used HOMER for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.” - Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
As quoted in USA Today
“One of the most comprehensive apps for teaching reading.” The New York Times
-Give your child a personalized learn-to-read plan, unique to them.
-Enjoy 1,000+ lessons on phonics, sight words, ABCs, and more
-Digital library of 200+ stories for toddler, preschool, kindergarten and kids up to age 8 Discover new animated stories, delivered every Saturday
-Practice phonics, sight words and decoding
-Engage with Science and History lessons to build vocabulary
-Explore Art and Music activities to foster creativity
-Download 150+ printable worksheets, learning games, puzzles and offline activities Record your child reading their first book
-Track your child’s progress with the Parent Dashboard
-Set individual profiles for up to 4 kids with one subscription.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
HOMER offers an auto-renewing subscription for $7.99 per month, billed monthly starting at the end of the 30 day free trial. Your HOMER subscription will automatically renew at the end of each month and your credit card will be charged automatically through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time during your free trial from your iTunes account settings and your account will not be charged. After your auto-renewing monthly subscription begins, you can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings but refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Throughout 2017-2018, HOMER is free to qualified and verified teachers and librarians to support educational instruction with progress tracking for up to 32 individual students.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help or suggestions, or visit https://homerlearning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
View in iTunes
News-O-Matic: Reading for Kids
***All articles available at multiple reading levels***
*** World Young Reader Prize 2015 (Editorial) - World Association of Newspapers (WAN-IFRA) ***
*** Teachers' Choice Award 2015 ***
*** One of The Best News Sources for Kids - Common Sense Media***
*** Best App for Teaching and Learning by AASL***
*** The first multilingual news app for kids! ***
*** kidSAFE® certified ***
Here is what users say about News-O-Matic:
“I would like to thank you and your team! My son has finally been reading independently for the past two weeks. He looks forward to reading News-O-Matic every night!” – Melissa, mom of an 8-year-old
"I love News-O-Matic! When I’m in school it’s my favorite thing to do. I even read it when I get home!" - Soyee, age 11
“I think the stories you write are amazing. It’s funny because I hate reading but yet I’m excited to see what you wrote." – Rae, age 8
“In my ten years of teaching I have never come across a publication that was this effective in capturing the attention of the student and making them want to learn and understand more.” – LB, Philadelphia Public School Teacher
“A terrific introduction to current events with unlimited potential for repeated use for kids” – Smart Apps For Kids
“Once in a while, an app comes along that makes me breathe a sigh of ‘well, finally.’ Such is the case with News-O-Matic, an ingenious app that condenses the daily news of the world and delivers it in perfectly kid-digestible form.” – Cool Mom Tech
News-O-Matic covers relevant news of the day in an engaging way, exploring its many facets through images, maps, videos, and games. Whether your interest is sports, science, world news, or wacky events, News-O-Matic delivers what’s making the news! It offers a window to the world and beyond helping readers become global citizens!
Each daily issue features:
* Five dynamic news articles available at 3 reading levels
* Rich and detailed images, videos, and illustrations
* Informative maps relating the user to the location of every story
* News Room for drawing or asking questions about the news
* Puzzles, games, fun facts, and many other elements for discovery
* Audio support for challenging vocabulary and full stories read aloud
* Multiple reading levels (Lexile)
* Custom assessment questions
* Multilingual articles (English, Spanish & French)
* Multilingual Read to Me (English, Spanish & French)
* Save or print articles
* Highlight text
* Access to 10 past editions
All articles are written by professional children’s writers and reviewed by a child psychologist before publication to ensure emotionally safe content.
News-O-Matic is 100% ad-free.
- User starts a free-trial period upon beginning subscription
- Subscription options include monthly, semesterly or yearly
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Monthly subscription: Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current month
- 6 months subscription: Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current 6-month period
- Yearly subscription: Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current year
- User can manage subscription & turn off auto-renewal by going to the account settings after purchase
- No cancelation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
- Contact: email@example.com for any help or question
Schools and districts looking to buy News-O-Matic through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program should buy News-O-Matic for School.
For more information: www.press4Kids.com/info
View in iTunes
LightSail is an adaptive reading platform available to K-12 schools. Combined with the LightSail Library, curated to appeal across all reading levels, schools can access thousands of high-quality texts from virtually every major trade publisher, The Washington Post, KidsPost, Antares Reading and LightSail Classics.
LightSail helps students, classrooms, and school districts exceed their literacy goals. Students get access to personalized libraries filled with thousands of engaging, just-right texts from which to choose. In-text assessments motivate students to increase the volume of their reading and provide data so LightSail’s algorithms can adapt and personalize each student's learning experience. Teachers gain real-time access to meaningful data about student reading behavior, comprehension, and growth so they can provide the necessary guidance to enhance learning and encourage a love of reading.
View in iTunes
BrainPOP Featured Movie
Help kids understand their world with BrainPOP Featured Movie app. Our animated movies engage via narrative, humor, and characters who speak in a voice kids can relate to, encouraging self-directed learning and further exploration of the world around them.
Our free Featured Movie topics rotate daily and tie in to current events, historical milestones and figures, holidays, and more! BrainPOP’s entertaining and informative animations are recognized across the world as a unique and engaging learning resource. Each movie is paired with an interactive quiz so kids can test their new knowledge, and all movies are close captioned, so it’s easy for them to read along.
Want even more access to BrainPOP's award-winning content? Log in with your school's username (free!) or choose an optional in-app subscription. Give your kids the chance to explore hundreds of topics that span Science, Math, Social Studies, English, Engineering & Tech, Arts & Music, Health, and more!
Education writers, parents, teachers, and kids themselves have lauded BrainPOP’s Featured Movie in thousands of reviews – for everything from its original voice and extensive selection of topics to its ease of use and unique delivery of fresh content daily. It’s also been recommended by Macworld, Family Circle, USA Today, iPhone Life, and Common Sense Media, among other outlets, and featured multiple times in the App Store℠. Spanish and French versions are also available in the relevant iTunes App Stores. See for yourself why our app is so popular!
The more you know, the more you know!®
In-App Subscription Options*:
“BrainPOP Explorer Subscription” – The free Featured Movie and its quiz plus four additional related movies and quizzes, rotating every day.
“BrainPOP Full Access Subscription” – The free Featured Movie and its quiz plus unlimited access to all of BrainPOP’s 800+ movies and quizzes. (BrainPOP site subscribers can log in to the app at no additional cost.)
*Subscription will automatically renew each month, within 24 hours of its expiration. Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. To stop auto-renewal, turn off the feature in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours prior to your subscription’s expiration. Current, active subscriptions cannot be cancelled.
BrainPOP creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers. Our trusted and award-winning resources are used in nearly 40 percent of U.S. elementary and middle schools by millions of monthly visitors. Since our earliest days almost two decades ago, we’ve maintained a commitment to helping kids make sense of the world around them. The BrainPOP Featured Movie app is a small part of that mission. Visit us at www.brainpop.com to learn more.
User Agreement: http://www.brainpop.com/about/user_agreement/
View in iTunes
Curriculum Assessment Teaching Tools for iPad_L534290B
View in iTunes
READ 180 NG Stage A
*Available only to READ 180 NEXT GENERATION customers. Users must configure their iPads before they can log into their account. This app also requires an active internet connection.
*READ 180: Unleash the Power
READ 180 NG Stage A is intended for Grades 4 - 6 and is a free download.
READ 180, the most effective system for raising student achievement in grades 4 - 12+ is now the most powerful tool available for iPad to prepare students to meet the rigorous reading and writing expectations of the Common Core. The READ 180 Next Generation Student Software leverages adaptive technology to personalize instruction and provide powerful data for differentiation to teachers and school districts.
Now students can access READ 180 NG anywhere inside -- or outside -- the classroom, extending learning beyond the traditional school day.
New for iPad!
**Re-imagined Student Dashboard
- Features VISUALLY EXPLICIT progress within topics and segments
- Promotes STUDENT AGENCY, encouraging students to tap and celebrate achievements -- at their own pace -- across a suite of applications
- Includes 5 CONTENT AREA STRANDS for all Topics:
*Peoples and Culture
*Science and Math
*History and Geography
*Literature and the Arts
*Your World and Beyond
*60 updated images
**Full support for iPad’s on-screen keyboard
- The app also supports external keyboards
READ 180 has been proven to:
• Improve performance on state test results
• Reduce the dropout rate
• Improve reading achievement for African-American, Native-American, and Latino students
• Improve reading achievement for English language learners
• Improve reading achievement for students who receive special education services
• Increase teacher retention
*To enrich student experience and prevent loading delays that might affect engagement during iPad sessions, each app includes all 60 Anchor Videos and 60 hi-res photos by Stage which increases download time. We recommend that multiple device downloads are coordinated via an MDM solution or while devices are plugged directly into iTunes.
View in iTunes
Lexia Reading Core5
Use of this app requires an active account for Lexia Reading Core5™. If you do not have a username and password, please contact your school for more information.
About Lexia Reading Core5:
Students are automatically placed at the appropriate level and work independently—via iPad, browser or desktop client—to develop their foundational reading skills. The program provides immediate corrective feedback and explicit instruction, supporting students when they struggle and advancing them to higher levels as they demonstrate proficiency. Students work in a structured, sequential manner with a focus on:
• Foundational reading skills to develop automaticity and fluency
• Listening and reading comprehension with complex text
• Academic and domain-specific vocabulary to improve comprehension
Each student follows a personalized learning path, with adaptive placement and pacing in activities designed to meet the most rigorous academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards. Based on students’ work in the program, teachers receive data-driven action plans—unique to each student—that are simple to interpret and drive differentiated instruction. Within the first month of use, teachers will know each student's probability of meeting end-of-year, grade-level benchmarks, and will receive the recommended resources and intensity of instruction necessary to change the trajectory for at-risk students. Teachers can focus on instruction—without having to stop to administer a test—by using the program's norm-referenced, embedded assessment and Common Core progress monitoring.
Established with a promise to improve student literacy through the use of technology, more than one million students learn with Lexia. The company’s award-winning instructional approach has been nationally recognized and proven effective in six peer-reviewed, research-based outcome studies published in scientific journals such as The Journal of Reading Research and the Bilingual Research Journal.
View in iTunes
APPlied Poetry: Creating and Publishing Multimedia Poetry
Learn to engage students in creative poetry enhanced and shared with iOS apps. This One Best Thing will explore quality integration of apps and use of tools to extend the audience in the poetry writing and publishing process for students of all ages.
View in iTunes