Unleash your creativity by making beautiful word clouds on your iPad.
Simply give Cloudart some text from a web page or paste some into the app and it will automatically create a gorgeous word cloud for you in seconds.
Next, get busy with the intuitive sliders to customise your cloud to your heart's content.
When you're happy with your masterpiece, share it with friends!
* As featured in App Store Entertainment category - "New and Noteworthy", 5th March 2013.
* Lots of great color schemes
* Loads of fonts to play with
* Many layout styles
* High resolution saving of images (jpeg and PDF)
* Reload your saved clouds for further tweaking
* Edit individual words within a cloud to change their emphasis or remove them
See more example cloud images at www.cloudart-app.com
Got a question? Email us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help.
View in iTunes
Book Creator for iPad
* THE No.1 Book app for the iPad in 90+ countries.
* Common Sense Education Top Pick for Learning 2018
* AASL Best website for Teaching & Learning 2018
Book Creator is the simple way to make your own beautiful ebooks, right on your iPad.
With over 100 million ebooks created so far, Book Creator is ideal for making all kinds of books, including children's picture books, comic books, photo books, journals, textbooks and more.
And when you're done, easily share your book, or even publish to the iBooks Store!
- Book Creator makes e-book publishing easy - Wired
- One of the Top 50 Apps for the iPad - The Guardian
- Winner of a Parents' Choice Gold Award
* Add text, choosing from over 50 fonts
* Add photos and images from your iPad's photo library, from the web, or use the iPad's camera
* Resize, rotate and position content as you like with guidelines and snap positioning
* Add video and music, and even record your voice
* Use the pen tool to draw and annotate your book
* Choose from portrait, landscape or square book sizes
* Add super powers to your books with comic templates, stickers and styles
* A quick tap and you're reading your book in iBooks!
MANY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR BOOK
* Publish your book online (teachers only)
* Send your book by email
* AirDrop to iPhone, iPad or MacBook
* Use a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive (and more)
* Save your book as a movie file and upload to the web
* Print using AirPrint or other printer apps, or export as a PDF
* Ability to send via WebDav server, or simply connect your iPad and transfer to iTunes
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!
Book Creator ebooks are created using the international ePub standard, so you know they will be readable now and in the future. Book Creator books are optimized for easy publishing to the iBooks Store.
See examples of published books at pinterest.com/bookcreator
NOTE - FIXED LAYOUT EBOOKS:
Book Creator supports iBooks' fixed layout format, including double page images and soundtracks. Fixed layout books are not suitable if you want to create novels, where text flows from page to page. You will not be able to copy in large amounts of text from other documents.
FIRST CLASS SUPPORT
The app includes a Getting Started manual, plus we have an online support forum at bookcreator.com/support with how-to articles and email support.
We love to talk via Twitter - say hello @BookCreatorApp
PERFECT FOR THE CLASSROOM:
Book Creator is open-ended, creative and cross curriculum, and is one of the most popular iPad apps for teachers across the world.
“Book Creator sits atop my list of the best educational apps. I’ve used Book Creator with learners of all ages, from kindergarten to adults. Its simplicity is refreshing, allowing authors to focus on their content.”
- Tony Vincent, Learning and Technology Consultant, learninginhand.com
“In my opinion the essential education app for the iPad!”
- Andrew Rhodes, Apple Distinguished Educator and Director of Technology, International School of Stavanger
“I love this app. It’s an incredibly powerful app with a deceptively easy to use interface. One of the three iPad apps every elementary school should buy.”
- Dan Callahan, Instructional Technology Specialist K-5 with 1:1 iPads
Read case studies and lesson plans from teachers using Book Creator at bookcreator.com/blog
"What a great tool! It’s sleek, intuitive, and easy. Being able to design a fixed layout picture book right on the iPad makes total sense. Highly recommended."
- Liz Castro, Author of ‘EPUB Straight to the Point: Creating ebooks for the Apple iPad and other ereaders’
"The app is super intuitive! I was working on a book for my 7 year old niece (who lives in Brazil) in no time. It took me about 30 minutes to put together a book for her, publish in iBooks and email the ePub file to my brother…to open it up on his iPad…. for my niece to read it."
- Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano, langwitches.org
View in iTunes
Skitch - Snap. Mark Up. Send.
See something that sparks an idea? Use Skitch to snap it, mark it up with simple tools, and send it on in an instant. Your bold ideas stand out even brighter with Skitch.
People everywhere use Skitch to help them visually share their thoughts with others. Here are a few ways you can use it, too:
Mark up photos of silly, cool, or inspiring things you see and share them via social, email, SMS, and more.
Annotate photos of your backyard to plan out your vegetable garden.
Share a diagram of the earth’s layers and have students label it with you
Capture a map, mark it up, and share it with your friends to show them where you'll be.
Open a PDF and highlight changes to skip the lengthy, confusing email chains and give clear feedback.
Skitch’s PDF Markup feature requires either an in-app purchase or an Evernote Premium account.
View in iTunes
QuakeFeed Earthquake Alerts
*Beautiful maps to inspire learning.
*Custom alerts to see what's shaking.
*Respect for privacy, no data sharing.
Since 2010, QuakeFeed has been (in fact)
The #1 Earthquake App for iOS!
And now it also includes:
All in one amazing app!
**FAST, RELIABLE EARTHQUAKE ALERTS**
- Alert set-up is a breeze!
- Nearby Alerts for earthquakes near you
- Regional Alerts (Countries, US states, seismic zones)
- Ten basemaps provide context to quakes
- Plate lines and faults map layer
- Shake Map MMI map layer
- Wildfires, Hurricanes, and Volcanoes
- USGS and EMSC data feeds
- Link to Tsunami info
- Link to Aftershock Forecast
- Link to PAGER
- Choose from several different alert sounds
- Search, filter, and sort options
- Light / Dark Mode options
QuakeFeed is MORE than just an
It's an INVITATION TO LEARN
and BE DELIGHTED!
Be CURIOUS about the places where earthquakes happen!
- Population Density map shows how many people may be impacted.
- USA Earthquake Risk map shows seismic hazard in the region.
- Ocean Bathymetry reveals trenches and features on the ocean floor.
We invite you to EXPLORE and deepen your understanding of the world.
Beautiful, intuitive UI... People love our simple, uncluttered design!
For 11 years, QuakeFeed has set the standard for earthquake apps.
We RESPECT your privacy:
- No ad tracking
- No data sharing
- Your precise location never leaves your device
Subscribe to QuakeFeed Premium to access all features and remove ads! It's the best way to experience QuakeFeed.
If you choose to purchase a QuakeFeed Premium Subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The current price for QuakeFeed Premium is $4.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the annual subscription price.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://quakefeed.com -- we usually respond within 24 hrs!
View in iTunes
Explain Everything Basics
Explain Everything Basics is an iPad- and iPhone-only version of Explain Everything where creations are saved locally on the device. It DOES NOT include: online collaboration with voice chat, cloud-based video rendering, online video hosting, dedicated cloud storage, and group management.
Explain Everything Basics was designed for schools with iOS-only deployments. It is also intended for those who may need to exclusively purchase it via Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP), those with internet access challenges, or both.
The other app on the App Store, Explain Everything Whiteboard, is the complete whiteboard platform with online features. It includes all the elements of Explain Everything Basics plus: online collaboration with voice chat, cloud-based video rendering, online video hosting, dedicated cloud storage, and group management.
To try Explain Everything Whiteboard for free, please search for it on the App Store or use this link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/explain-everything-whiteboard/id1020339980?ls=1
Learn about the differences between the two versions in the short video:
Explain Everything Basics is featured by Apple on the Teaching Tools site: https://www.apple.com/education/teaching-tools/ and has easy integration with Apple Schoolwork.
ANNOTATE, CAPTURE, AND ZOOM OUT ON THE BIG PICTURE
Explain Everything Basics’ wide array of creative tools, recording, and its infinite canvas makes it a perfect companion for teachers, students, thinkers and everyone who wants to express themselves better.
EASY, INTUITIVE, MULTIMEDIA WHITEBOARD
Express your ideas creatively even if you don’t feel creative. Capture every experience and use any kind of media to tell your story: images, videos, PDF documents, PPT presentations, websites, and more.
SEE IDEAS CLICK INTO PLACE
Share authentic moments as explainer videos, animated stories, or simply as plain, live whiteboarding with your narration. Or create a GIF, image, or document if you’d like. With Explain Everything Basics you can create what is most compelling for your audience and inspire them.
View in iTunes
What did Earth’s continents and oceans look like 250 million years ago, or even 1 billion years ago? What do we know about the climate back when our planet formed? How has sea level changed since the melting of the last ice age and what does the future hold?
EarthViewer is like a time machine for exploring Earth’s deep history. Based on the latest scientific research, it lets you scroll through the last 4.5 billion years with your fingertips. Follow a favorite landmark, be it Greenland or New York City, as its position shifts through time, or watch a famous fossil like Tiktaalik make an incredible journey from its origin to its current location. Layer your view of shifting continents with data on atmospheric composition, temperature, biodiversity, day length, and solar luminosity, to get a more complete view of our dynamic planet.
EarthViewer features include:
• Continental reconstructions and accompanying data dating back billions of years
• Sea level maps for the last 21,000 year and for 8,000 years into the future
• Global temperature maps for the last 100+ years
• Ability to manipulate the globe and zoom to any location
• Locations of modern cities tracked back over 500 million years
• In-depth features on major geological and biological events in Earth history
• Clickable details on geologic eons, eras, and periods
• Automated play modes
• Animations between globe and flat map projections
• Extensive reference list
• Suggestions for classroom use
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a non-profit medical research organization that ranks as one of the nation’s largest philanthropies. HHMI’s BioInteractive initiative opens a window on cutting-edge science through interactive web features, short films, virtual labs, and scientific animations. Since teachers play a pivotal role in launching the careers of future scientists and in helping the public understand the beauty and import of science, the BioInteractive team partners with the teaching community to create and distribute media that is engaging and relevant to the science curriculum.
View in iTunes
Stop Motion Studio
Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"Stop-motion animation is a great way to bring toys and other objects to life — and learn the basics of filmmaking."
The New York Times
"Stop Motion Studio makes it easy to create your own stop-motion movies."
The Washington Post
"All you need is an iPhone or iPad, a tripod, the right software, and a bit of creativity."
"Stop Motion Studio Brings Out the LEGO Moviemaking Geek in All of Us."
With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
• Use a second device as a remote camera
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
• Use with your Wifi-enabled DSLR camera**
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images for further processing
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
• Publish movies on Stop Motion TV for everyone to see
* Some features require in-app purchases. All features are already included in the Pro version.
** Visit our support page for a list of supported cameras:
View in iTunes
iNaturalist is a social network for sharing biodiversity information to help each other learn about nature. The primary goal is to connect people to nature, and the secondary goal is to generate scientifically valuable biodiversity data from these personal encounters.
iNaturalist helps you identify plants and animals with visually similar suggestions and verification by dedicated contributors. Get connected with a community of over a million scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! By recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research-quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature.
• Identification suggestions: Take or import a photo and view the top 10 most visually similar species matches and tap through to get more information. You can view these suggestions even before creating an account.
• Feedback from our community: Create an account to share your observations and start a conversation about what you saw. Can’t identify the organism? Start with a broad identification like “plants” or “fungi” so others with more expertise can find it and refine the identification.
• Keep a record of all living things: Build your life list by posting to iNaturalist. Where, when, and what you saw is the basis of each observation you create.
• Grounded in science: Every identification is connected to the tree of life, which means you can search for broad classifications like “Ferns” or “Fungi” as well as species-level identifications like “Humpback Whale” (and everything in between).
• Advancing science & conservation: Millions of observations created and identified by the iNaturalist community are shared with the Global Biodiversity Information Facility where they are used to advance scientific understanding of biodiversity through open data and open science.
• Enabling citizen science and community science: Join any of the tens of thousands of projects around the world on iNaturalist to draw attention to and collect data about particular species or places.
• Not-for-profit: iNaturalist is a joint initiative of the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society, both 501(c)3 nonprofits in the United States. iNaturalist is free for anyone to use thanks to the generous support of many organizations and individuals. Thank you!
• No hidden charges: This app is truly free because we believe nature is for everyone.
• Best for wild plants and animals: The iNaturalist community is better at identifying wild plants and animals than those in gardens or horticulture. Get outside and find what’s wild!
• Control how your location is shared: Set the privacy to obscured (only general location is shared) or private (no location is shared at all, but much harder for others to help identify). The locations of species at risk from disturbance are automatically obscured.
• More than a mobile app: iNaturalist has even more extensive features and tools for learning and exploration. Get the full experience at inaturalist.org!
• 35+ languages: iNaturalist has been translated into dozens of languages thanks to multilingual enthusiasts who want to see the community grow.
• A global network: iNaturalist is used in every country on earth! In many countries, we have formal agreements with local organizations to promote iNaturalist. Use this app for contributing to all iNaturalist Network sites, including Naturalista (Mexico and Colombia), iNaturalist.NZ (New Zealand), iNaturalist.ca (Canada), Biodiversity4All (Portugal), iNaturalistAU (Australia), iNaturalistPa (Panama), iNaturalistEc (Ecuador), ArgentiNat (Argentina), iNaturalistil (Israel), and iNaturalistFi (Suomi/Finland).
View in iTunes
▸ 2012 Editor's Choice Award! - Children's Technology Review
▸ "a fun, educational app that hits the mark with kids" - The iPhone Mom
Monster Physics® is a unique building app that lets you play with physics! Build and operate your own car, crane, rocket ship, plane, helicopter, tank and more!
Set your imagination free! Build intricate, working contraptions with over 68 different parts including wheels, rockets, propellers, cannons, magnets, claws, wings and more. Choose from different materials including metal, wood, plastic, rubber and ice. Connect parts together by welding them, drawing a rope or chain between them with your finger or using special dynamic joints to bring them to life.
Once your invention is complete, Monster Physics® will render it with it's built-in physics engine and let you actually operate your creation in real time. You can drive your car, operate your crane, guide your rocket into space or fly your helicopter! The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
Think outside the box! Monster Physics® comes with 50 missions for you to solve including simple tutorials as well as mind-bending challenges. Many of the missions are open-ended and can be solved with a wide variety of different solutions so you can play them over and over again. Players will learn problem-solving and creative-thinking skills while having tons of fun.
Have fun while learning! Players learn physics "hands on" through solving missions and building and refining their own inventions. In addition, a separate learn section introduces players to basic physics concepts such as friction, force, mass, acceleration and more.
▸ Create your own monster avatar
▸ Design and operate your own inventions
▸ Solve 50 fun missions
▸ Build with 68 different parts
▸ Learn common physics terms
▸ Create up to six player profiles
▸ Enjoy fun sound effects and music
▸ Powered by a realistic physics engine
▸ Retina support
▸ Works on both iPhone and iPad - a universal app
Suggested age range: 10 to 110
- Does not contain 3rd-party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use 3rd-party analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by Dan Russell-Pinson in the iTunes App Store.
View in iTunes
BrainPOP Featured Movie
Help kids understand their world with the BrainPOP Featured Movie app. Our animated movies engage via narrative, humor, and characters who speak in a voice kids can relate to, encouraging self-directed learning and further exploration of the world around them, and the world within them.
Our free Featured Movie topics rotate daily and tie in to current events, historical milestones and figures, holidays, and more! BrainPOP’s entertaining and informative animations are recognized across the world as a unique and engaging learning resource. Each movie is paired with an interactive quiz so kids can test their new knowledge, and all movies are close captioned, so it’s easy for them to read along.
Want even more access to BrainPOP's award-winning content? Log in with your school's username (free!) or choose an optional in-app subscription. Give your kids the chance to explore hundreds of topics that span Science, Math, Social Studies, English, Engineering & Tech, Arts & Music, Health, and more!
Education writers, parents, teachers, and kids themselves have lauded BrainPOP’s Featured Movie in thousands of reviews – for everything from its original voice and extensive selection of topics to its ease of use and unique delivery of fresh content daily. It’s also been recommended by Macworld, Family Circle, USA Today, iPhone Life, and Common Sense Media, among other outlets, and featured multiple times in the App Store℠. Spanish and French versions are also available in the relevant iTunes App Stores. See for yourself why our app is so popular!
The more you know, the more you know!®
In-App Subscription Options*:
“BrainPOP Full Access Subscription” – Unlimited access to all of BrainPOP’s 850+ movies and quizzes. (BrainPOP site subscribers can log in to the app at no additional cost.)
*Subscription will automatically renew each month, within 24 hours of its expiration. Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. To stop auto-renewal, turn off the feature in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours prior to your subscription’s expiration. Current, active subscriptions cannot be cancelled.
BrainPOP creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers. Our trusted and award-winning resources are used in nearly 40 percent of U.S. elementary and middle schools by millions of monthly visitors. Since our earliest days almost two decades ago, we’ve maintained a commitment to helping kids make sense of the world around them. The BrainPOP Featured Movie app is a small part of that mission. Visit us at www.brainpop.com to learn more.
User Agreement: http://www.brainpop.com/about/user_agreement/
View in iTunes
E. O. Wilson’s Life on Earth Unit 4
Designed to give students a deep understanding of the central topics of introductory biology, E. O. Wilson’s Life on Earth is a captivating iBooks Textbook presented as a seven-unit collection. This fourth unit explores the physiology of animals, shining a light on complex systems of interacting structures and organs. We examine how animals sense their environments, move around, process energy, regulate their internal systems, protect themselves, and reproduce. Each unit of the engagingly interactive E. O. Wilson’s Life on Earth features video, photo galleries, and Multi-Touch images and illustrations that inspire students to study, enjoy, and help protect the wonders of life on Earth.
View in iTunes
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Illustrated Edition
This beautifully illustrated edition of the New York Times bestselling classic celebrates the 42nd anniversary of the original publication—with all-new art by award-winning illustrator Chris Riddell.
SOON TO BE A HULU SERIES • “An astonishing comic writer.”—Neil Gaiman
Nominated as one of America’s best-loved novels by PBS’s The Great American Read
It’s an ordinary Thursday morning for Arthur Dent . . . until his house gets demolished. The Earth follows shortly after to make way for a new hyperspace express route, and Arthur’s best friend has just announced that he’s an alien.
After that, things get much, much worse.
With just a towel, a small yellow fish, and a book, Arthur has to navigate through a very hostile universe in the company of a gang of unreliable aliens. Luckily the fish is quite good at languages. And the book is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy . . . which helpfully has the words DON’T PANIC inscribed in large, friendly letters on its cover.
Douglas Adams’s mega-selling pop-culture classic sends logic into orbit, plays havoc with both time and physics, offers up pithy commentary on such things as ballpoint pens, potted plants, and digital watches . . . and, most important, reveals the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything.
Now, if you could only figure out the question. . . .
View in iTunes
Thinking Like a Scientist: Students as Mobile Researchers
When we experience something for the first time, we are filled with a sense of wonder and curiosity.  How can we capture these moments to be more engaged and successful as learners? This One Best Thing is dedicated to helping students use the variety of features and apps available on the iPad to work as researchers and truly tell their learning story.
View in iTunes
Curriculum Assessment Teaching Tools for iPad_L534290B
View in iTunes