Plickers lets you poll your class for free, without the need for student devices. Just give each student a card (a "paper clicker"), and use your iPhone/iPad to scan them to do instant checks-for-understanding, exit tickets, and impromptu polls. Best of all, your data is automatically saved, student-by-student, at plickers.com.
View in iTunes
Drawp for School
Drawp for School is the award-winning K-12 workflow management platform with built-in design tools, swipe-to-share collaboration, standards-aligned content and unlimited cloud storage. Students use Drawp creativity tools to add drawings, voice recordings, text and photos to assignments. Teachers use Drawp to create, distribute, collect and give written or verbal feedback on assignments. A new Drawp Resource Marketplace website provides teachers with an easy-to-access repository of educational resources to download and share. Partially funded by the National Science Foundation, the platform includes robust accessibility features such as an add-on language scaffolding tool, text-to-speech and voice recording.
• Rich Mixed Media Design Tools: Drawing, Painting, Photos, Voice Stickers and Text
• SimpleShare™ Swipe-to-Share Collaboration
• Voice Stickers for Voice Recording
• Intuitive Workflow Management
• Unlimited Cloud Storage to Access Work at Home or School
• COPPA & FERPA Compliant To Protect Student Privacy
• Drawp Resource Marketplace of Lesson Plans for Teachers
• Student Portfolios
• Student-Parent Communication
• Common-Core Aligned Content
• No Email Needed
• Compatible With Dropbox and Google Drive
• Used with All Subjects and All Curricula
• Partially funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation
• EdSurge DILA Crystal Clear Honorable Mention 2014
• Mom’s Choice Gold Award®
• Moms With Apps® Know What’s Inside® Certified
• Teachers With Apps Certified
• Appysmarts Editor’s Favorite
• Signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge
Drawp for School offers a 30-day free trial for the cloud-based service, which allows teachers to distribute content to, and collect content from, students. After the trial period, the drawing functionalities in the app are still available, but access to the the cloud-based service is limited.
Teachers have the option to upgrade their accounts by purchasing one of the auto-renewable subscriptions:
• Monthly Unlimited Plan: $9.99 USD (or equal to the same price tier that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines in other territories)
• Yearly Unlimited Plan: $99.99 USD (or equal to the same price tier that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines in other territories)
Each Unlimited plan includes: unlimited students, unlimited classes and unlimited cloud storage.
Students are NOT asked to pay and are unaffected by the teacher’s decision to buy the cloud-based service — aside from the fact that they will be able to receive content from that teacher.
Information About Auto-Renewable Subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
More information: https://drawpforschool.com/
Terms of Service: https://drawpforschool.com/terms-of-service/
View in iTunes
Educreations is a unique interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool that's simple, powerful, and fun to use. Annotate, animate, and narrate nearly any type of content as you explain any concept. Teachers can create short instructional videos and share them instantly with students, or ask students to show what they know and help friends learn something new.
INSTRUCTION THAT'S READY WHENEVER YOU ARE
Finished lessons are stored securely in your online Educreations account, so they're available whenever and wherever you need them. You control who sees what. Even if something happens to your iPad, all of your videos are safe.
DESIGNED FOR THE DIGITAL CLASSROOM
Create classes that students can join right within the app. Lessons sync automatically between teacher and student iPads, so it's easy for students to access teacher instruction and for teachers to monitor student work. Students without iPads can access classes and lessons on the Educreations website.
Lessons can also be shared via link, email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, or by embedding them on your blog or website. Upgrade to Pro to export your videos to the Camera Roll, open them in other apps, and use them in other video projects.
SUPPORT AND ENGAGE STUDENTS
• Offer students additional instruction outside the classroom
• Enable students to control the pace of their learning
• Provide rich audio/video feedback on student work
• Gain deep insights into student comprehension
• Free up class time for hands-on learning and projects
• Tutor someone remotely
INCREDIBLE FREE FEATURES
• Record and replay your voice, handwriting, and drawings
• Snap a photo or import images from Photos, Dropbox, Google Drive, or the Web
• Add typed text in a variety of colors and sizes
• Draw on top of everything with brilliant colors of beautifully rendered digital ink
• Animate images and text by tapping and dragging while recording
• Edit out any recording mistakes with the built-in video editor
• Scroll pages up or down when you need extra space
• Save a draft of your work and finish it later on other devices
• Store your lessons securely in the cloud and control who can see what
• Create and manage classes that students can join
• Share your lessons with your classes, or via link, email, Messages, Facebook, or Twitter
• Embed your lessons on your blog or website
EVEN MORE WITH PRO
• Export videos to the Camera Roll or open in other apps
• Import documents, presentations, webpages, and custom maps
• Whiteboard pointer tool (additional Pro tools coming soon)
• Save unlimited drafts so you can work on multiple projects at once
• 5GB of cloud storage, enough to store over 150 hours of lessons
• Share Pro benefits with your entire class (up to 40 students)
Educreations offers the following Pro subscriptions:
1 month: $11.99 (auto-renewing)
1 year: $99.99 (not auto-renewing)
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
If you purchase a monthly plan, your Educreations Pro subscription will automatically renew at the end of each period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of the current period. Yearly plans do not auto-renew.
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, we’d love to hear from you.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/educreations
Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/educreations
View in iTunes
Explain EDU is a version of our whiteboard for iPad and iPhone where creations are saved locally on the device. It does not include dedicated cloud storage or online collaboration.
Explain EDU was designed for schools with iOS-only deployments. It is also intended for those who may need to exclusively purchase it via Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP), those with internet access challenges, or both.
Our other app on the App Store, Explain Everything Whiteboard, is our full-featured platform. It includes cloud-based video conversion, web video links, and online collaboration as well as the experiences included in Explain EDU.
To try Explain Everything Whiteboard for free, please search for it on the App Store or use this link: http://bit.ly/EEWhiteboard
The differences between the two versions are listed here: http://bit.ly/WhiteboardOrEDU
CAPTURE, ANNOTATE, AND ZOOM OUT ON THE BIG PICTURE
Explain EDU infinite-touch canvas, zoom, and mix recording is an unreal experience that you have to try to believe. Explain EDU is optimized for iPad, Apple Pencil, and transforming your imagination for what is possible with mobile devices.
EASY AND INTUITIVE
You don’t have to be creative to express your ideas creatively. Capture every experience by inserting, including Drag and Drop, all the media you need to tell your story: images, websites, videos, PDF & PPT files, and more. Immediately record and share authentic moments as stories.
SEE YOUR IDEAS CLICK INTO PLACE
Share to anyone, anywhere, what is most compelling for your audience and inspire them from GIF to MP4 to YouTube and more.
View in iTunes
The best digital handwriting on iPad. Penultimate combines distraction-free, natural handwriting and sketching with the power of Evernote’s sync and search. Take class or meeting notes, journal your thoughts, or outline your next big idea—in the office or on the go. From the first stroke, Penultimate makes the experience of pen and paper more productive.
INK AND PAPER, MADE BETTER
Notes and drawings look spectacular in black or colored ink. Our inking technology produces pen strokes that look natural, and Wrist Protection prevents stray marks for writers of all grips. Choose from a number of paper styles, or import an image to create personalized paper.
STYLUS AND SOFTWARE BUILT TOGETHER
We worked closely with Adonit to create the stylus we've always wanted: the Jot Script Evernote Edition, the first true precision-point stylus. Penultimate integrates tightly with the stylus and together they make digital handwriting the experience it should be. It’s like writing with your favorite pen. Available now in the Evernote Market.
YOUR WRITING KEEPS PACE WITH YOU
Penultimate lets you work on any part of the page effortlessly. To zoom in on a location on the page, simply pinch in and start writing. With Penultimate's Drift feature enabled, the page will move along with you, automatically adjusting to the pace you are working at.
CONNECT AND SYNC WITH EVERNOTE
Sign in to your Evernote account in the Penultimate app to organize your Penultimate notes in notebooks, separated by topic, project, or category. Your Penultimate notes are synced to Evernote automatically, so you can find and share them across all of your devices.
FIND WHAT YOU NEED QUICKLY
No matter how you prefer to organize your work, Penultimate makes it easy to find the notes you need. Penultimate processes your notes so you can search for handwritten text in the app. Save and browse your work in notebooks and insert, delete, duplicate, and reorganize pages any way you like within them.
MAKE PENULTIMATE MORE POWERFUL
Penultimate is free to download and use. Pair it with Evernote Premium or Evernote Plus for bigger uploads and many other great features.
Two subscription options:
Evernote Premium monthly for $7.99 per month | $69.99 annually
Evernote Plus monthly for $3.99 per month | $34.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
View in iTunes
Remind: School Communication
Remind is a communication platform that helps every student succeed. Whether you're in the classroom, at home, or anywhere in between, Remind makes it easy to stay connected to your school community.
* Communicate in real time—on any device.
* Keep personal contact information private.
* Translate messages into more than 90 languages.
* Share files, photos, and content from your favorite sites.
Join more than 31 million educators, students, and parents using Remind to manage school communication and make time for what's important.
View in iTunes
Air Scanner: Wireless Remote HD Document Camera
*** See our Developer Page for more great Apps! ***
Turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless HD document camera in 3 easy steps:
STEP 1: Launch Air Scanner.
STEP 2: Type in the displayed URL in the web browser.
STEP 3: Whatever you point the camera at appears in the browser.
Easily present hard-copy materials from books, magazines, or physical objects as part of your lectures or meetings. Great for show and tell.
Air Scanner continuously takes photos with your device's camera and projects them to a web browser running on the same WiFi network, at 720P HD (1080P on iPhone 5 and newer generation devices) - allowing full page text and color photographs to come out crisp and clear.
Just fire up Air Scanner and type in the displayed URL in your web browser. The image will automatically update at up to 3-5 times per second (faster on newer devices). A dedicated or ad-hoc network is recommended for optimal performance. No special hardware or additional client software is required. PC, Mac, and Linux are all supported.
You don't need an expensive unitasker document camera anymore.
Air Scanner works wonderfully with a DIY camera stand, which you can make in a few minutes, or you can order a handmade one from various 3rd party sites (see our website for details and links).
View in iTunes
ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard
Turn your iPad into your personal interactive whiteboard!
ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s an amazingly simple app that anyone can use, no matter how young or old!
INTUITIVE AND POWERFUL
- Record your ShowMe tutorial right away — no manuals or complicated menus needed
- Drop in images onto the whiteboard
- Easily switch between drawing and erasing (as well as pausing and playing) to make your ShowMe flow from concept to concept
- You can make your ShowMe as long or as short as it needs to be, and record as many ShowMe’s as you want. Go nuts!
- Once you’re finished recording, upload your ShowMe to share with the community (or keep it private if you prefer)
- Discover awesome tutorials created by other members of the ShowMe community
A VARIETY OF USES
- Easily explain a range of topics from math to chemistry to music theory to basket weaving.
- Add ShowMe’s to your Do-It-Yourself blog
- Attach a personal message to any travel photos you want to share
- Diagram offensive and defensive strategies for sports
- Grade student work with commentary explaining the reasoning behind their performance
- Use ShowMe as an interactive whiteboard substitute
Implement a “flipped classroom”
- Showcase your ShowMes online and share your knowledge with your students, friends, family, or the world!
- Multiple brush colors
- Enter text
- Pause and erase
- Import pictures from your photo library, built-in camera, or web image search
- Import documents as pictures from Dropbox, or Google drive
- Create video from any document
- Unlimited lesson length
- Free to upload and share your recordings with friends
- Easy embedding for sharing anywhere
- Manage students with Groups
"Groups" allows teachers to share their ShowMes and interact with students privately. A teacher with ShowMe Premium subscription can create an unlimited amount of groups and invite their students. Students can join groups for free!
ShowMe Premium is an auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription which unlocks all ShowMe features. For just $9.99 a month or $89.99 a year:
- Upload up to 300 hours of ShowMes
- Post privately
- Create study groups
- Markup and share any documents in groups
- Import documents into ShowMe
- Search and import images from the web
- Download your video files
- Create student accounts
- Create courses
With "Courses" ShowMe creators can organize multiple ShowMe lessons and tutorials into one comprehensive lesson plan.
The ShowMe Marketplace allows premium users to earn extra income by posting paid premium courses for other educators or students within the ShowMe community.
AS SEEN ON
- Business Insider
- Numerous teacher blogs and educational blogs
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
The ShowMe team is small, nimble, and quick to respond to suggestions/requests. Follow us on twitter at @showmeapp. Or feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or stories about how you’re using ShowMe.
Terms & Conditions: http://www.showme.com/termsofuse
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
View in iTunes
Apps Gone Free & Daily Tips
Get high quality paid apps for FREE & personal answers to any iOS questions YOU ask! Everyday we show you the best paid apps that you can download for free AND we write in-depth answers to questions that our users submit to the app. Don’t know the best way to share a large number of photos with dozens of people? Want to figure out how to get a 2nd phone number on your iPhone for free? Or how about the best way to lose weight using the right apps and accessories…Just ASK and we’ll write up full long form responses and even make videos showing you how.
With Daily App Advice you get the best news, accessories, and products for your iOS device & helpful tips from AppAdvice.com experts. This is the flagship app of the popular iOS enthusiast website AppAdvice.com featuring a team of more than 20 iOS journalists since 2008! All the best apps, articles, tips, and advice are neatly packed in a fun to use app.
The all new Daily App Advice is the new version of the popular Apps Gone Free app. It has been completely redesigned and retooled and now is a lot more full featured. Instead of details on seemingly random apps, now the app is PERSONALIZED - jam packed with only information that is useful to you & your specific needs!
- Full length in-depth solutions to specific questions you ask about using your device better.
- A curated selection of the best free apps based on YOUR interests
- Top Accessory Deals for iPhone & iPad Owners
- App Reviews ONLY for the subgroup of apps that you care about!
** 2012 "Best App Ever Award" Winner
** Featured in USA Today, LifeHacker, NYTimes, & AppAdvice
** 50,000+ 5 Star Reviews (all Versions)
View in iTunes
Record of Reading
Running records, developed by Marie M. Clay, are a method for observing and assessing a child’s oral reading. The Record of Reading app is designed to provide an electronic form for taking a running record. The app provides embedded formulas for the accuracy and self-correction rate (no need for a calculator!), but of course, the teacher does all the coding and analysis. Once the running record is complete, it can be saved in a file or emailed. In addition, the app records the student’s voice while the teacher simultaneously takes the record. When replaying the running record, the oral reading and the record are synced. For more information on taking running records, please see "An Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement" (Clay, 2005).
View in iTunes
Running Record Calculator | Stopwatch Recorder
Running Record Calculator is the number choice for calculating Running Record scores. The App combines all the standard running record calculator and stopwatch functions with the convenience of audio recording playback. Flagging lets you quickly refer back to audio of difficult sections and automatically count errors and self-corrections. After entering the word count, you will be able to see students’ reading rate, percentage of accuracy, and self-correction ratio. Running Record Calculator is designed to be used by any teachers who assesses students using running records.
Here is how easy it is to use:
1. Tap the screen to start the stopwatch when the student begins reading.
2. Tap the "Flag Error" button to mark errors made by the student. (Optional)
3. Tap the "Self Corrected" button if the student corrects their error. (Optional)
3. Press "Done" when the reading is complete.
2. Enter the number of words read.
Immediately you will see the student's scores for words per minute, self-correct ratio, and accuracy percentage. You can update the number of errors and self-corrections by pressing the "Err" and "SC" buttons and entering the new numbers.
• Features you will love about the Running Records Calculator:
• Simplified look and workflow
• Built-in stopwatch with pause button
• Optional flagging for counting errors and self corrections
• Automatic calculation of WPM, Accuracy %, and Self Correct Ratio
• Audio playback of the entire reading
• Fast-forward & rewind to flagged errors when reviewing student’s audio
• Email a report of the running record with scores, notes, and audio
• Manually set and edit time.
The Running Record Calculator in not able to save records internally. Once you press Reset, all previous records are cleared for the next running record. If you are looking for an app that will help you calculate and store running records, have a look at LevelBook.
View in iTunes
iMotion is an intuitive and powerful time-lapse and stop-motion app for iOS.
Take pictures, edit your movie and export 4K UHD, 1080p & 720p HD videos to your device or directly to Youtube.
Time-lapse is a cinematography technique which accelerates movement. It can be used to photograph cloudscapes, plants growing, crowds...
Stop motion is an animation technique which makes a physically manipulated object look like it’s moving on its own.
The Apple watch app give you a live preview of your iPhone camera on the screen of your Apple watch. And you can remotely control your capture by touching your Apple watch.
-4K UHD, 1080p & 720p HD capture & exports (*)
-Universal binaries iPhone / iPad / iPodTouch
-4 capture modes (time-lapse, manual, wifi remote, photo library import)
-Ultra speed shooting up to 10fps (*)
-Variable frame rate playback
-Portrait and landscape orientations supported
-Rear and front cameras supported
-Useful capture tools (Manual Focus, Exposure & White balance, Onion skin…)
-Export: videos, photos and animated GIF to your Photo Library, iTunes Sharing Folder, Facebook, Youtube, Mail and iOS apps.
-Quick and smooth interface
-Autosave and direct preview
-Unlimited movie length
-Add audio soundtrack to your movie with iPod import, microphone and AudioPaste (In-App Full Version required)
-Import multiple frames from your Photo Library (In-App Full Version required)
-Export & import your movie project, using DropBox, Mail and iTunes Sharing Folder (In-App Full Version required)
(*) 4K UHD, 1080p & 10ps shooting are only available on recent devices
Include Apple Watch app for preview and trigger capture for both Time-lapse and manuel.
Download “iMotion Remote” app for free to preview and remote your capture from an other device iPhone/iPad/iPodtouch.
Watch movies made with iMotion:
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Powered by Fingerlab
View in iTunes
The best digital storytelling app just got even better!
SonicPics makes digital storytelling fun and easy! Turn your photographs into narrated slideshow movies to share with your family and friends!
1. Add images from your photo library or snap new ones with your camera.
2. Arrange your photos however you would like.
3. Record a voiceover narrating your images as you swipe through them.
Once you are finished, you have an enhanced m4v movie with your images synchronized to your narration. You can share your recording with your family and friends.
- Create and narrate custom photo slideshows.
- Records your voice while you flip through your images.
- Automatically synchronizes your images to the audio recording.
- Publish your recordings to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Evernote, Google+, iCloud, iMessage, Slack, Storehouse, email, and more…
- Present your stories on the big screen using video out while recording or to watch recordings.
- Make .m4v movies of your images and narrations from your iPhone or iPod Touch or iPad.
- Build slide shows with photos from photo albums, camera roll or built in camera.
- Recordings processed right on your phone, no 3rd party service required!
- Intuitive user interface.
- Digital story telling
- Class field trip
- Podcast recording
- Video blogging
- New baby
- Lecture recording
- Creating Mini-presentations on the road
- Out with friends
- Travel Logs
- Conference notes
- Museum tours
- Create Audio books
- Lab notes
- Insurance claims
- Accident documentation
- Medical diagnosis / dictation
- Land surveys
- Real estate tours
- Home shopping
- New town experiences
- Staff introductions
- Photo tours
- Language instruction
- Helping boyfriend study names/faces before meeting girlfriend's family.
Make a great digital story now with SonicPics!
View in iTunes
Whether you’re pitching an idea, teaching a lesson, telling a story, or igniting a movement, use Haiku Deck to create beautiful presentations that wow your audience.
“It's the Instagram for pitch decks.” -- Mashable
“Makes creating beautiful presentations a cinch and a joy, whether you have design skills or not” -- Lifehacker
“A smart app that makes beautiful slideshows in no time and makes your iPad a more productive tool” -- Wall Street Journal
Create, Edit, View any time, anywhere.
* Seamless, real-time syncing between iPad, iPhone, and Web
* Create and edit your Haiku Decks on the Web, iPhone, or iPad
* Use your iPhone as a remote in presentation mode
* View image-rich Haiku Decks in a mobile-optimized display
Beautiful Presentations 10x Faster and 10x Easier
* Designed to encourage presentation best practices, such as simplified text, high-impact imagery, and clean, consistent formatting.
* Powerful image search, with automatic sizing and attribution, puts over 40 million free, high-quality Creative Commons licensed photos at your fingertips or add your own images from your camera roll.
* Apply stylish, professionally designed fonts and layouts with one tap for a cohesive, polished look.
* Use touch controls to create flawlessly beautiful pie charts, bar charts, and stat charts.
* Streamlined list and multiline text templates offer additional detail without clutter.
* Import and edit images from your iPad, Flickr, Instagram, Facebook, Dropbox, or other online sources for a personalized touch.
Create, Present and Browse with iPhone
* NEW! Create decks on your iPhone!
* Quickly detects and connects with nearby devices for painless setup
* Easily share Haiku Decks via AirDrop, email, or social sites
* Intuitive one-hand remote navigation
* Private note display turns your iPhone into a personal teleprompter
* Browse dozens of inspiring Haiku Decks in our Featured and Popular Galleries
*NEW! Share to Google+ and Pinterest from iPad and iPhone
*NEW! Streamlined export to .pptx and .pdf
*NEW! Easier access to in-app privacy settings
* View or present decks with an iPad, iPhone, projector, or any web browser.
* Easily share decks via email, Twitter, or Facebook.
* Easily embed decks or export to PowerPoint, Keynote, or PDF.
Simple, Beautiful, Fun
Haiku Deck is not just for in-person presentations; it’s a powerful tool for bringing ideas to life. Here’s how creative communicators around the world are using it:
* Pitch an idea
* Add beautiful visuals to a blog or a website
* Sell your services
* Teach a lesson
* Present a portfolio
* Give a report
* Showcase your brand or company
* Share a personalized message
* Tell a story
* Create a manifesto
Pro features are now available such as:
* Editable export to PowerPoint & Keynote
* Beautiful PDF download for print-outs
* Control privacy settings
* Unlimited cloud storage
* Personalize Haiku Deck with your own branding
Subscribe to Haiku Deck Pro by tapping 'Get Pro' inside the app!
Subscription price varies based on your chosen renewal period, your country, and eligibility for educational pricing. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment. The subscription automatically renews each renewal period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period for the same duration to ensure no lapse in service. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
View in iTunes
Create an electronic storybook. Make use of the little gaps in life - on the sofa after dinner, in the back seat of the car, or on a train - to do something creative together.
To create your story:
* Write some text.
* Illustrate by drawing on the screen, taking a photograph of something you see, or drawing on paper and then photographing the paper, or attaching photos from your album.
* Sounds can be recorded for telling your story or as sound effects.
* Layout the elements of your story (text boxes, images, and sound clips) freely by dragging them or pinching to resize.
* Add, reorder, or delete pages from your book.
Your story is always saved in your iPhone. Carry it with you and work on it any time. Upload your story to the StoryKit web server and email a link to the story from within the app. No account is necessary. Stories are private.
The application includes four public domain children's books that you can rewrite and rearrange into your own new story. These are scans of the original bound books that have been specially processed for use on the iPhone. Take "The Three Bears" and make them four. Rewrite "The Three Little Pigs" with the wolf as the victim. Or, start with a blank book and write whatever story is on your minds.
Send us feedback at email@example.com.
In order to improve StoryKit, the application sends us anonymous usage data. The usage data contains no personal information or content from your stories. However, if you upload stories to our website, we may look at those to see how StoryKit is being used and understand what kinds of features would be useful to add in the future. We will not share your stories with anyone outside our research group without your express permission.
StoryKit was designed by researchers at the University of Maryland's Human-Computer Interaction Lab as a basis for studying how mobile devices can be a conduit for children to work with their family members doing creative and educational activities. The idea is that by creating stories on iPhone - as opposed to paper and pens - you can find time to work on these activities anytime and anywhere. When you're done, you can carry it with you in your pocket, show it to friends and family you meet in your daily life, or send it electronically to people who live further away.
Supported by the National Science Foundation
View in iTunes
Ready to build an amazing classroom community?
ClassDojo is a beautiful, safe, and simple communication app for teachers, parents, and students.
* Teachers can encourage students for any skill, like “Working hard” and “Teamwork”
* Teachers can bring parents into the classroom experience by sharing photos, videos, and announcements
* Teachers can also safely and instantly message with any parent
* Parents see their child’s updates at home, as well as a stream of photos and videos from school
ClassDojo helps teachers build a positive classroom culture by encouraging students and communicating with parents.
ClassDojo is free for everyone, and K-12 teachers, parents, students, and school leaders in over 180 countries have joined. It works on all devices, like iPhones, iPads, tablets, phones, and smartboards.
"I’ve divided my time teaching as B.C. and A.C.: before ClassDojo, and after ClassDojo. I never want to go back!" — Jen E., an elementary school teacher :)
See how much people love ClassDojo at: https://www.classdojo.com/wall-of-love/
Join the ClassDojo community today!
ClassDojo is completely free for parents, teachers, and students!
Optional: parents may subscribe to ClassDojo Beyond School for extra video activities designed for at-home use. ClassDojo Beyond School is only available in certain markets.
After a 7-day free trial, the ClassDojo Beyond School subscription will charge $7.99 monthly (this pricing is for the US; pricing in other countries may vary).
The ClassDojo Beyond School subscription will automatically renew at the end of each month unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your Account Settings and your subscription will remain active until the end of the purchased period.
Read our Terms of Service here:
View in iTunes
A simple to use timer in the form of a traffic light. Set whether you want it to run red-amber-green or green-amber-red, set the times in minutes and seconds and then off it goes! A bell chimes as each light changes.
Designed to be used as a behavioral aid for children - set the lights to go from green to red to time an activity ("10 minutes of quiet play before bed time" or to time siblings turns on the playstation!) or from red to green as a timeout timer.
It can also be used without the timer to teach how traffic lights work or as a behavioral guide.
There is an invisible reset button at the bottom right of the screen so you can return to the menu without waiting for the timer to finish.
Each light can be set from 5 seconds up to 99 minutes and 55 seconds (in 5 second increments).
View in iTunes
Classroom Timer Lite
A Simple Fun Timer, designed for teachers or anyone else who needs to set timed tasks for groups of children in a classroom or similar environment.
The engaging graphics and sound effects mean tasks get completed in a fun and efficient way.
The teacher sets the target amount of time for the class to perform a particular task. The countdown timer is then started. The timer can be viewed from the Apple device itself or displayed on a larger format device such as an interactive board or TV screen using screen mirroring features of the Apple Devices.
If the class completes the task in the defined time limit the teacher can tap the "tick" button and the "Well Done" screen is displayed and a fanfare sound effect is played. However, if the class run out of time the Alarm rings on the clock, the clock bounces around the screen and then explodes in a comic fashion.
This app really encourages students to complete any assigned task, the students can see graphically how much time they have left to complete the task.
The teacher is able to pause, restart and reset the timer at any time. The app has an audible "ticking" sound when the timer is running, the teacher can enable and disable this by simply tapping the speaker button on the apps main screen. The Fanfare and Explosion sound effects can be controlled via the audio controls on the Apple device.
This is a simple but fun and engaging app to assist the teacher in their classroom management activities.
Users are able to send feedback, make enhancement requests or report any issues from inside the app.
View in iTunes
Team Shake provides a technological and environmentally friendly way to choose teams for board games, sporting events, tournaments, school projects or anytime groups are required. The newest release brings many new features including full iPad support, balancing teams based on skill or gender, importing users from a file, enabling video output, and sharing teams via facebook or email.
Team Shake is the premier iOS App for creating teams. Instead of a hat and scraps of paper, the user enters his friends' names in his iPhone and gives it a shake. The screen will then display a random set of color-coded teams. These teams can immediately be used for game play or shared via facebook or email. The quick and easy selection of random (or balanced) teams eliminates fighting over who will be on which team. Innovative use of the iPhone shake gesture gives users the satisfying feeling of shaking a virtual hat without the trouble of carrying around an actual hat. Conventional buttons can also be used for those who would rather not shake their expensive hardware about.
The app is designed with ease of use and simplicity in mind. Names can easily be entered with the onscreen keyboard, chosen from the user's contacts, or imported from a file. The email and facebook functions document the members of each individual team as well as preserving the team number and color assigned by the app. For repeated use of Team Shake, lists of friends can be easily saved and loaded later. The current list is also automatically saved so that if you exit the app, or even reboot the device, changes will not be lost. For teachers and others with large lists of people, Team Shake supports the ability to import teams from text or csv files.
If you have any problems, feature requests, or comments please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Create 1 to 64 random teams
* Create completely random or balanced teams
* Full iPad support
* Eliminates fighting over choosing teams
* Share / Save teams via email or Facebook
* Teams can be chosen by the number of teams or by the size of teams.
* Save lists of friends for later games
* Import lists from email or spreadsheet
* Export lists and options for use on another device
* Satisfying feeling of shaking a “virtual” hat to create teams
* Animated shaking hat
* Entry of names via onscreen keyboard
* Entry of names via iPhone contacts
* Temporarily disable people who are absent
* Set groups of people to always be on the same team
* Set groups of people to always be on different teams
* Set user strength to make more even teams (now supports fully balanced teams)
* 5 users strengths level
* Pick a single random person from the list of players
* User strength indicator on the main screen (can be disabled in options)
* Number of active players and total players is now displayed on the main screen
* Video Out Support
* Option to Sort Teams by Name
* Option to balance male / female team members
* "Equal Ability" option to create teams where all players have the same strength
* Option to create separate male and female teams
* Configurable Team Colors
* Configurable Team Names
* Print Support
* Export Teams in CSV or XLS Format
Yappler-Tags: Teams, Groups, Random, Hat, Entertainment, Games, Utilities
View in iTunes
New in version 1.11:
• Sync across all iOS devices via our new "Stick Pick Cloud" now with reliable Amazon Web Services on the back end - for free!
• Sign in with either your Facebook or Google account
• New Facebook and Google icons in App Settings
• Various bug fixes
Join over 65,000 teachers, like EdTechChic, who says: "Say goodbye to your coffee can with popsicle sticks and say hello to Stick Pick!"
Pick a student at random with just a tap, swipe, or a shake -- but that’s just the beginning. Stick Pick suggests question starters for learners at different levels and also records how well students respond during classroom discussions. If a student is consistently scoring near the top or bottom, simply change the level so students aren't bored or frustrated. Depending on students' levels of English proficiency, they might be asked simple yes-or-no questions or to elaborate in longer sentences.
Stick Pick is the first app of its kind to uniquely link question stems to the cognitive or linguistic needs of each individual learner. Teachers can have multiple soup cans (classes) filled with sticks (students). During setup, teachers choose a category of question stems they wish to focus on for each learner. Questions can be based on Bloom's Taxonomy, English as a second language (ESL) skills, and degree of difficulty can be chosen for each learner.
TRACK FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT DATA
Formative assessment data is easy to track because teachers can tap a corresponding correct, incorrect, or opinion button based on the student's answer. Teachers can also rate each student's answer by selecting 0-5 on a critical thinking rubric (Bloom's) or an elaboration rubric (ESL).
EQUITY FOR ALL!
Stick Pick is a handy tool for any teacher device and can guide classroom discussion in really helpful ways. Teachers can mark sticks so they aren't constantly calling on the same students or asking students the same questions over and over again. Students in small groups can use Stick Pick, too. During small group work, students can take turns asking one another questions based on Bloom's Taxonomy, making group work more productive and on-task.
IMPROVE PARENT-SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
Student progress is recorded and averaged automatically within the app and can be shared in lots of convenient ways.
MANY SMART FEATURES
Finally -- no more sticks cluttering your desk! Now you can keep all your students’ sticks in one convenient place: on your mobile device!
• Create as many classes as you need
• Over 140 question stems categorized into three modes: Bloom’s; Bloom’s Revised; and ESL (English as a Second Language)
• Copy an entire class, with or without scores
• “Swipe up,” “tap,” or “shake” to call on a student
• Level-appropriate question stems appear right on the screen
• Option to operate in Stick Only mode
• Sticks can be reset (put back in with the rest) or marked “used” in a special “used can”
• Toggle between used and unused sticks with a single tap
• Option to “peek” into each can to deliberately pick a particular student
• Operates in Left or Right Hand mode
• Collect formative assessment data using “Correct,” “Incorrect,” and “Opinion” buttons
• Rate each learner's response on a 0-5 point rubric: use the Critical Thinking Rubric (for Bloom’s & Bloom’s Revised mode); or Degree of Elaboration Rubric (for ESL mode)
• Share student data
View in iTunes
Tales2go is a streaming audiobook service for children (Pre K through high school), used by educators in a growing number of schools and districts across the U.S., including Los Angeles USD, Scarsdale UFSD, Berkeley USD and Heartland AEA. Tales2go is also popular with parents and homeschoolers.
Tales2go provides instant, unlimited and simultaneous access to over seven thousand high interest audio book titles from leading publishers to desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Titles range from classics such as Curious George Rides a Bike or The Quiet American to popular series and characters such as Diary of a Wimpy Kid and 39 Clues.
Award-winning app: Teachers' Choice Award for the Classroom, District Administration Top 100 Product, Tech & Learning Award of Excellence, EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award Finalist for Best Mobile App Solution (Elementary); eSchool Media Readers' Choice Award, Tillywig Brain Child Award, Parents’ Choice Gold Award, Mom's Choice Gold Award and NAPPA Gold Award, PTPA Media Award.
Try Tales2Go for FREE for 30 days. After the initial free period, choose either a monthly recurring or annual subscription to maintain access to the catalog. Log-in up to FIVE simultaneous devices on each Tales2go account.
- "Tales2Go has had a huge impact on the the K-5 students in my school this year. Listening to books read by storytellers and actors serves as a model for how to read fluently and with expression. Tales2Go has also allowed struggling readers to access higher level texts in their reading classes. Students also improve their sight word vocabulary and comprehension when they listen to an audio book while following along in the print version of the book. Tales2Go has motivated students to read more and has helped students develop positive attitudes about reading." Cathy Potter, School Librarian, Falmouth, ME
- "Very Useful. I am a teacher and use this with my 4th Grade students. They love the variety of stories." jonathanwylie
- "A Mom Must-Have! My two boys (ages 7 and 9) love this app! We listen in the car as we travel, during dinner and before bed. Both the boys and I like the vast variety of stories to choose from and the fact it is so user-friendly" CuteBoyMom
- Tales2Go is a fantastic resource for Homeschool families. We love listening eveywhere, kitchen table, car and even in bed before bedtime. Love tales2go." R. Nichol
- "LOVE this app! As a special education teacher I really appreciate the ability to access audio books/stories for students. As a person I really love the flexibility to listen to books while I work, drive, and relax. This is a fantastic app." Jeubank
- "Great app! My whole family and I listened to Encylopedia Brown in the car today (what a blast from the past) and it worked perfectly. Lots of great content for all ages... I definitely recommend giving it a shot." whitemencantjump
1 Month Subscription for $9.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
1 Year Subscription for $99.99, does not automatically renew.
SUBSCRIBERS' AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE: For all automatic renewal subscriptions, your credit card will be charged every month for another month's subscription until you change your preferences in your account settings.
1. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
2. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
3. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
4. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase
5. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be added to subscription time purchased.
View in iTunes
Common Core Standards
View the Common Core State Standards in one convenient FREE app! A great reference for students, parents, and teachers to easily read and understand the core standards. Quickly find standards by subject, grade, and subject category (domain/cluster). This app includes Math standards K-12 and Language Arts standards K-12. Math standards include both traditional and integrated pathways (as outlined in Appendix A of the common core) and synthesizes Language Arts standards with the Corresponding College and Career Readiness Standards (CCR's).
View in iTunes
Stage: Interactive Whiteboard and Document Camera
Stage™ brings your ideas to life – anytime, anywhere.
Create, collaborate, and demonstrate with Stage. Combine the convenience of your camera with the power of an interactive whiteboard to unleash these experiences:
• Freehand sketch over live video or images - Create Madden-style demo videos
• Get creative - Insert pictures, shapes, text and labels
• Demo everything brilliantly - Picture-in-picture features
• Record videos or screen capture images - Save directly to your device photo library. *Video recording feature available as an in-app purchase or in the Stage Pro app (now available in the App Store for iPad or iPhone)
• Dynamically present in real-time - Wirelessly using Airplay, or via a wired projector connection
Make your demos and lessons fully interactive, collaborative, and engaging with Stage.
HEAD OF THE CLASS
• Record brilliant demo videos with picture-in-picture features (video feature available as an in-app purchase)
• Annotate, mark-up and save existing photos, images and documents
• Easily switch backgrounds from live front/rear camera feed, whiteboard/blackboard canvas, or any picture from your photo library.
• Lock/Unlock camera autofocus to produce perfect, blur-free tutorials
• Dynamically present in real-time, wirelessly using Airplay or via a wired projector connection
• Save everything directly to your iPhone or iPad photo library for anywhere, anytime access
• Simple, accessible, and effective - No app login or internet connection required
Collaborative: Sharing ideas has never been easier. Stage’s live video and interactive tools let you showcase real-time problem solving, demos, and experimentation. Paired with Airplay, Stage makes wireless sharing quick and easy. With the added flexibility to move around the room, educators can truly engage and involve students.
Portable: Bring your ideas to life anytime, anywhere with Stage. Stage does not require a login or connection to the internet, so it’s ready to go wherever and whenever you are.
Easy-to-use: Unlike interactive whiteboards, Stage requires no additional training. Users familiar with touchscreens will be able to use the app instantly and efficiently.
Cost-efficient: More economical than secondary technology, such as interactive whiteboards and document cameras, Stage maintains the functionality of that same technology without the price tag and cost of integration.
Meaningful: Purposeful integration of mobile devices in the classroom creates opportunity for effective and meaningful learning for students at every level.
**50% VPP discount available for qualified Educational purchases through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program – http://www.apple.com/itunes/education**
RAISE YOUR HAND
At Belkin Education, everything we do is based on thoughtful innovation. For more information, visit us at www.belkin.com.
View in iTunes
Limited time sales! (retail $19.99 USD) Check out other Splashtop Apps On Sales as well!
"Both a breakthrough and a bargain." – NY Times
"Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app on iTunes." – USA Today
"No iPad-armed road warrior should be without it." – InformationWeek
"Apple’s Top 25 best-selling iPad app of ALL-TIME." -- iTunes
#1 iPad app in US, UK, Japan, Canada, Australia, and 30+ countries
#1 iPad business app in 100+ countries
Over 35 Million Users -- #1 Remote Desktop App for iPad! Splashtop is the easiest and fastest way to access your Mac or Windows PC from your iPad!
Use Splashtop to access your computer on the local network with best-in-class video streaming performance. View and edit Microsoft Office and PDF files. Browse the web using IE, Chrome, and Firefox with full Flash and Java support. Play 3D PC and Mac games. Access your entire media library and documents. And more!
To access your computer from across the Internet, subscribe to Anywhere Access Pack via In-App Purchase.
* Use your iPad to access all of the programs and files on your computer with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
* Use your full desktop browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) with Flash and Java support, with all of your bookmarks and your favorite plug-ins
* Enjoy the full video and music libraries that are playable only on your computer, whatever formats they’re in
* Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
* Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
Optional In-App Subscriptions:
Get Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers:
– Access across Internet over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi
– Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions
– Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
– Subscribe monthly for $4.99 or yearly for $16.99
Get Productivity Pack which includes Configurable Shortcuts & Gamepad and Whiteboard:
– Control your Windows and Mac apps and games easily with on-screen shortcuts mapped to your most commonly used functions. Use the built-in profiles for popular apps or create your own.
– Annotate over any live remote desktop screen. Great for presentations and classroom instruction.
– Subscribe monthly for $1.99 or yearly for $16.99
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
You may access up to 5 computers via your Splashtop Account.
Splashtop Personal is for non-commercial use only, i.e. use it to access your personal computers for non-work related purposes.
For commercial use in a professional environment, please use Splashtop Business which is specifically designed for the workplace offering enhanced manageability, security, and compliance (www.splashtop.com/business).
1. Install Splashtop Streamer on your PC (Windows 7/8/10, Vista, and XP), Mac (10.7 and higher), or Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). Download for free from www.splashtop.com/downloads
2. A computer with dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for best performance
View in iTunes
iPad User Guide For iOS 7.1
Here's everything you need to know about iPad, in a handy format. Get to know iPad and discover all the amazing things it can do, and how to do them. It's the definitive guide for getting the most from your new iPad, straight from Apple. The iPad User Guide covers iPad mini, iPad Air, iPad 2, and iPad.
View in iTunes
Apple Books lets you lose yourself in a good story right on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks — ready to download and enjoy.
• Explore an incredible selection of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, cookbooks, and more.
• Browse the Book Store to find the buzziest new releases, curated collections, and exclusive content.
• Visit the Audiobooks tab to discover great audiobooks read by your favorite authors and celebrities.
• Preview books while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Return to the books you’re currently reading and get great recommendations in the Reading Now tab.
• Add books and audiobooks you’d like to read next to the new Want to Read collection.
• Use Auto-Night mode to browse the Book Store or read in bed without waking anyone up.
• Organize your library the way you want with flexible collections — even see a timeline of books you’ve finished or books that are downloaded on your device.
Great ways to read
• Choose from a selection of attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colors.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favorite passages.
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scroll view.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using Books with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in Books using AirPrint.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
View in iTunes