Apple Books lets you lose yourself in a good story right on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks — ready to download and enjoy.
• Explore an incredible selection of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, cookbooks, and more.
• Browse the Book Store to find the buzziest new releases, curated collections, and exclusive content.
• Visit the Audiobooks tab to discover great audiobooks read by your favorite authors and celebrities.
• Preview books while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Return to the books you’re currently reading and get great recommendations in the Reading Now tab.
• Add books and audiobooks you’d like to read next to the new Want to Read collection.
• Use Auto-Night mode to browse the Book Store or read in bed without waking anyone up.
• Organize your library the way you want with flexible collections — even see a timeline of books you’ve finished or books that are downloaded on your device.
Great ways to read
• Choose from a selection of attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colors.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favorite passages.
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Turn on Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scroll view.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using Books with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you've written in Books using AirPrint.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
View in iTunes
Grammar Girl Presents the Ultimate Writing Guide for Students
Named to the International Reading Association's 2012 Teachers' Choice book list
Grammar Girl Presents the Ultimate Writing Guide for Students is a complete and comprehensive guide to all things grammar from Grammar Girl, a.k.a. Mignon Fogarty, whose popular podcasts have been downloaded over twenty million times and whose first book, Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing, was a New York Times bestseller.
For beginners to more advanced students, this guide covers it all: the parts of speech, sentences, and punctuation are all explained clearly and concisely with the warmth, wit, and accessibility Grammar Girl is known for. Pop quizzes are scattered throughout to reinforce the explanations, as well as Grammar Girl's trademark Quick and Dirty Tips—easy and fun memory tricks to help with those challenging rules.
Complete with a writing style chapter and a guide to the different kinds of writing—everything from school papers to letter writing to e-mails—this guide is sure to become the one-stop, essential book on every student's desk.
View in iTunes
Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. This is the best iOS app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building.
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
Offline access: You’ll have complete access to definitions whether or not you’re connected.
* Universal App
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* Favorite Word syncing through iCloud: Share your favorites between devices
* Apple Watch Extension: See Word of the Day, find watch-sized definitions with voice search, and keep track of your favorites from your watch
Fully featured and absolutely free, this app is supported by ads. You can remove ads for $1.99 per year with an in-app purchase charged to your iTunes account. Prices vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can manage your subscription in your account settings.
View in iTunes
Lists for Writers - ideas for creative writing
Lists for Writers is a great addition to any writer’s toolbox. Helpful to both novice and expert writers alike, this app delivers list after list of prompts and ideas for your brainstorming sessions: names, character traits, plot lines, occupations, obsessions, action verbs, and much more! Whether you are working on a creative writing project, a short story, an essay assignment, National Novel Writing Month / NaNoWriMo, or your next fiction book, this app helps get it done.
NEW! Support for multitasking on the iPad!
Shuffle and search features! You can now search any list as well as randomly shuffle lists and search results!
Includes dictionary support so you can look up most words without leaving the app.
Includes a Notepad feature where you can collect any interesting list items for your writing, edit them, and email or print your notes.
Featured in Slate magazine and The New York Times!
* * * * * "perfect to browse for inspiration" - Cult of Mac
* Character - Naming
- First Names (male and female)
- Last Names
- Nonhuman Characters
* Character - Physical Characteristics
- Body Types
- Facial Characteristics
- General Physical Characteristics
- Skin and Complexion
* Character - Occupations
* Character - Milestones
- Birth Flowers
* Personality - Thoughts
- General Characteristics
- Belief Systems
* Personality - Behaviors
- Character Traits
- Bad Habits
- Super Powers
- Seven Basic Plots
- Thirty-six Dramatic Situations
* Setting - Geographical
- Cities (U.S. and World)
* Setting - Countries by Continent
- North America
- South America
* Setting - Other
- Forms of Government
- Encounter Locations
- Archaic Locations
- Futuristic Locations
- Modern Locations
- Fantasy, Myths, and Magic
- Divination and Fortune Telling
- New Age
- College Teams
- Sciences and Studies
- Scientific Instruments
- Military Terms
- Military Acronyms
- Animals (Domesticated)
- Animals (General)
- Animal Sounds
- Color Values
- Feeding and Eating
- Forms and Shapes
- Units of Measurement
- Carriages and Chariots
- Fighting and Combat
- Dance Styles
* Words - Grammar
- Action Verbs
- Dialog Verbs
- Common Misspellings
- Transitional Words and Phrases
- Word Terms
* Words - Fun
- Rhyming Words
- Aussie Slang
Lists for Writers:
- Does not collect or share any personal data
- Does not contain any ads
- Does not contains in-app purchases
- Does include links to the Thinkamingo web site, Facebook page, and Twitter profile in an information page
View in iTunes
Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists, and to-do lists
• Create notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, screenshots, image files, audio, web clippings, and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, handwritten notes, and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss, and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share, and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture, and store every thought you need to stay productive
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos, and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximize productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
BETTER NOTE INTERACTION WITH 3D TOUCH
• Quick Actions for faster note creation and search
• Sketch in notes with pressure sensitive ink
EVERNOTE FOR APPLE WATCH
• Dictate notes and they will be transcribed in Evernote
• Dictate searches and get results on your Apple Watch
• View newly created & updated notes
• Set reminders, get notifications, and never forget anything
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly (desktop only)
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
View in iTunes
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect circles and straight lines.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
View in iTunes
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in Apple Books
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
View in iTunes
This app allows users to create Venn diagrams that contain two or three overlapping circles. Users identify and record concepts that can be placed in one of the circles or in the overlapping areas, allowing them to organize their information logically. The finished Venn diagram can be emailed out or saved to the device's photo album.
Users can pick from several circle colors, and both the circles and item font size can be altered to better align with the users' needs for each project.
Designed for use in the school environment, this app features a simple profile system so that multiple users can create their own Venn diagrams on the same device without confusion.
View in iTunes
Popplet is the simplest tool to capture and organize your ideas. With Popplet you can quick jot down your ideas and sort them visually.
Apple has featured us in "Tools for Teachers", "New and Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and "Get Stuff Done"
Popplet is great for school and for learning in the classroom and at home. Students use Popplet to think and learn visually. By capturing facts, thoughts, and images, students learn to create relationships between them and generate new ideas.
Popplet is also great for work and for generating ideas in the office or on the go. Professionals use Popplet to generate ideas and plan projects. By brainstorming visually or jotting down notes, Popplet helps professionals organize their thoughts and generate their next big idea.
This is the LITE version of Popplet. Popplet Lite will be free forever, but is limited to just one popplet. The full version of Popplet lets you create an unlimited number of local Popplet boards on your iPhone or iPad.
People use Popplet to:
+ Study: School Projects, Class Notes
+ Explore Ideas: Brainstorming, Mindmapping
+ Plan Projects: Diagrams, Process Charts
+ Collect Inspiration: Mood Boards, Scrapbook, Travel Plans
Key Features of Lite:
+ One Popplet board
+ Capture notes in text
+ Capture notes with images
+ Capture notes with a drawing tool
+ Change the color of your notes and Popplet board
+ Link notes to each other visually
+ Export as PDF as JPEG
+ Pinch to zoom and expand
+ Multi Language Support
If you like Popplet after trying this LITE version, please download the 'full' version and you will also get:
+ Unlimited local boards
+ See the Popplet boards of other users through the 'Public' tab to get inspired
And be able to access additional features if you sign-up and create an 'online' account:
+ 10 free 'online' boards accessible through a web browser at www.popplet.com
+ Ability to collaborate with other Popplet users on your online boards
We are committed to continually improving and updating Popplet and would love to hear what you think. Come visit us at www.popplet.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter at @poppletny!
View in iTunes
Capturing and sharing your inner most creative genius has never been easier. Introducing the first multi-device collaboration tool from Universal Mind. From iPad to iPad with just a flick of the finger, iBrainstorm has set the bar and has redefined the very nature of collaboration.
Add a note, then drag and drop it anywhere on the iPad's screen to create any desired order or pattern. Assign colors to give additional meaning or priority. Provide clarity to your students or classmates through simple organization.
The iPad canvas also serves as a drawing board. Draw, erase or zoom in for tighter control. Everything is then captured for later. Show relationships between ideas or just capture your best stickman - it's easy.
Think it. Share it. Love it!
View in iTunes
Ideament lets you easily draw a diagram - mind map, concept map, or flow chart - and convert it to a text outline, and vice versa. You can use Ideament for anything, such as brainstorming new ideas, illustrating concepts, making lists and outlines, planning presentations, creating organizational charts, and more!
Create Ideas Instantly
Copy text from another app, such as an email, document, or web page, and import it into Ideament to automatically create an idea.
Share Your Ideas
Diagrams and outlines can be easily shared via email or the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box) and copied directly into other apps. Diagrams can also be saved to the Photos app (to sync to your desktop) or uploaded to Facebook.
Try It Out!
Download for free, create an idea, and check out everything it has to offer. The in-app upgrade allows you to create an unlimited number of ideas.
There is also a paid version available in the App Store that includes the Plus upgrade, just look for Ideament+
Looking for Idea Sketch? You've found it! Idea Sketch became Ideament in 2015.
View in iTunes
T-Charts (Pros and Cons)
A simple T-Charts program. Have a tough decision to make? Measure the pros and cons of a situation. Share the answer with friends.
Problems with the app? Please email us at email@example.com. If you just leave a review, we have no way to contact you.
- Record pros and cons for any topic.
- Assign weights to each factor.
- Create unlimited t-charts.
- Email the charts to friends and let them tell you what they think.
Comments, questions or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View in iTunes
The Brainstormer is kindling for creative minds. A tactile tool to randomly combine a plot, a subject and a setting or style, the Brainstormer provides a moment of inspiration for writers, painters, or any creative mind. Combat creative block, spark new ideas and summon up quick subjects for doodling, sketching or journaling.
NEW! Find Inspiration anywhere. The Brainstormer now supports the Apple Watch!
The Brainstormer has three spinning wheels featuring plot/conflict, theme/setting and subject/location. By manipulating the wheels -- or do a random spin -- you generate combinations that make fantastic creative prompts for writing, sketching or any creative activity. Edit the wheels: tweak the built in lists or create entirely new scenarios from scratch.
More Wheels! The Character Builder wheel combines of archetypes attributes and backgrounds, and the World Builder combines theme, mood and place to create one-of-a-kind settings. NEW! Sci-Fi Brainstormer generates ideas with a science fiction flavor.
Please Note: The "Classic Brainstormer" wheel is included in the purchase price as always, and you can add the bonus "Creature Builder" wheel for free! Additional expansion wheels are available as in-app purchase, or you can share and get more wheels online!
LOVE FOR THE BRAINSTORMER
"The Brainstormer is a very attractive app that spins wheel to randomly combine plots, subjects, and styles. It's great for quick prompts or a new impulse."
-- Jurgen Fauth, Huffington Post
"The Brainstormer app provides a cornucopia of ideas for creative minds"
-- Kelly Hodgkins, TUAW
"Next time you're fresh out of ideas, give the wheels of Brainstormer a spin."
-- Mike Rankin, CreativePro.com
• Time-tested and artist-proven, featuring the carefully curated ‘Classic Brainstormer’ lists.
• Circular ‘Wheel Mode’ and linear ‘Slot Machine’ mode provides two views into the nearly endless combinations.
• Shake your device or roll the dice for “Random Spin”.
• Lock any of the wheels to fine tune your spins.
• Fully editable: Tweak the ‘Classic Brainstormer’ or create your own wheels entirely.
• Export and Share your wheels with others via email, AirDrop and more.
• Supports International Characters and Emoji!
• Found the perfect combination? Send it via email or share it on Twitter and Facebook.
• Apple Watch support for ideas on the go!
• Edit your wheels in your browser over Wi-Fi.
Like us on Facebook for News and Updates, and be the first to know about promos and new features!
Original Concept, all Art and Design by Andrew Bosley
Software Development by Joel Davis
View in iTunes