“12 Strong” is set in the harrowing days following 9/11 when a U.S. Special Forces team, led by their new Captain, Mitch Nelson (Hemsworth), are chosen to be the first U.S. troops sent into Afghanistan for an extremely dangerous mission. There, in the rugged mountains, they must convince Northern Alliance General Dostum (Navid Negahban) to join forces with them to fight their common adversary: the Taliban and their Al Qaeda allies. In addition to overcoming mutual distrust and a vast cultural divide, the Americans——accustomed to state-of-the-art warfare——must adopt the rudimentary tactics of the Afghan horse soldiers. But despite their uneasy bond, the new allies face overwhelming odds: outnumbered and outgunned by a ruthless enemy that does not take prisoners.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 5.6/10
- Fresh 79
- Rotten 70
Critics Consensus: 12 Strong has a solid cast, honorable intentions, and a thrilling, fact-based story - all of which are occasionally enough to balance a disappointing lack of depth or nuance.
Good cast in violent, patriotic, fact-based war movie.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2018 HS Film, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Canada) (Stereo), French (France) (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.