Climb aboard the Nautilus ... and into a strange undersea world of spellbinding adventure! Kirk Douglas, Paul Lukas, and Peter Lorre star as shipwrecked survivors taken captive by the mysterious Captain Nemo, brilliantly portrayed by James Mason. Wavering between genius and madness, Nemo has launched a deadly crusade across the seven seas. But can the captive crew expose his evil plan before he destroys the world? Disney's brilliant Academy Award-winning (1955, Best Art Direction and Best Special Effects) adaptation of Jules Verne's gripping tale makes "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" a truly mesmerizing masterpiece!
- Rent $2.99
- Buy $7.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.7/10
- Fresh 24
- Rotten 3
Critics Consensus: One of Disney's finest live-action adventures, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea brings Jules Verne's classic sci-fi tale to vivid life, and features an awesome giant squid.
A classic action-adventure for older kids.
Cast & Crew
- Walt Disney Productions
- Kids & Family
- © 1954 Walt Disney Productions
- English (United States) (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Portuguese (Brazil) (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.