In 1946, Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford) put himself at the forefront of history when he signed Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) to the team, breaking Major League Baseball's infamous color line. Facing unabashed racism from every side, Robinson was forced to demonstrate tremendous courage and restraint by not reacting, instead letting his talent on the field do the talking — ultimately winning over fans and his teammates, silencing his critics, and paving the way for others to follow. In 1997, Major League Baseball retired the number 42 for all teams, making it the first number in sports to be universally retired.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $12.99
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: 42 is an earnest, inspirational, and respectfully told biography of an influential American sports icon, though it might be a little too safe and old-fashioned for some.
Inspiring Jackie Robinson biopic has great messages.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Legendary Pictures Funding, LLC
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Cantonese (Subtitles), French (Subtitles, Stereo), Indonesian (Subtitles), Malay (Subtitles), Portuguese (Subtitles), Simplified Chinese (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.