Disney’s “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” follows the exploits of 11-year-old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould) as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life—a day that begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by one calamity after another. But when Alexander tells his upbeat family about the misadventures of his disastrous day, he finds little sympathy and begins to wonder if bad things only happen to him. He soon learns that he’s not alone when his mom (Jennifer Garner), dad (Steve Carell), brother (Dylan Minnette) and sister (Kerris Dorsey) all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Anyone who says there is no such thing as a bad day just hasn't had one.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 5.7/10
- Fresh 66
- Rotten 44
Critics Consensus: Affably pleasant without ever trying to be anything more, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is a fine -- albeit forgettable -- family diversion.
Sweet book-based comedy has great family messages.
Cast & Crew
- Walt Disney Pictures
- © 2014 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- English (Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles, Stereo), Portuguese (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.