From the blockbuster-making team who produced and directed Pearl Harbor and The Rock (Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay) comes the biggest movie of 1998 -- Armageddon! Starring the explosive talents of Bruce Willis (Die Hard), Academy Award®-winners Ben Affleck (Good Will Hunting) and Billy Bob Thornton (Sling Blade), Liv Tyler (The Lord of the Rings trilogy), Steve Buscemi (Con Air), and Will Patton (Gone In 60 seconds), Armageddon is a meteor storm of action-adventure moviemaking that has you on the edge of your seat forgetting to breathe! When NASA's Executive Director, Dan Truman (Thornton), realizes the earth has 18 days before it's obliterated by a meteor the size of Texas, he has only one option -- land a ragtag team of roughneck oil drillers on the asteroid and drop a nuclear warhead into its core. Spectacular special effects, laugh-out-loud humor, great characters, riveting storytelling, and heartfelt emotion make Armageddon an exhilarating thrill ride you'll want to experience like there's no tomorrow.
- Rent $2.99
- Buy $17.99
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: Lovely to look at but about as intelligent as the asteroid that serves as the movie's antagonist, Armageddon slickly sums up the cinematic legacies of producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Michael Bay.
Giant-sized end-of-the-world scenario too scary for tweens.
Cast & Crew
- Touchstone Pictures
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- © 1998 Touchstone Pictures
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Danish (Subtitles), Finnish (Subtitles), French (Subtitles, Stereo), Hebrew (Subtitles), Norwegian (Subtitles), Polish (Subtitles), Russian (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo), Swedish (Subtitles), Thai (Subtitles), Turkish (Subtitles), Ukrainian (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.