When mysterious spacecraft touch down across the globe, an elite team - led by expert translator Louise Banks (Academy Award® nominee Amy Adams) – races against time to decipher their intent. As tensions mount between fearful governments, Banks discovers the aliens’ true purpose and, to avert global war, takes a chance that could threaten her life, and quite possibly humanity. Oscar® nominee Jeremy Renner and Academy Award® winner Forest Whitaker co-star in this mesmerizing masterpiece with a mind-blowing ending.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $19.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 8.4/10
- Fresh 359
- Rotten 24
Critics Consensus: Arrival delivers a must-see experience for fans of thinking person's sci-fi that anchors its heady themes with genuinely affecting emotion and a terrific performance from Amy Adams.
Great, deeply thoughtful, compassionate sci-fi tale.
Cast & Crew
- Paramount Pictures
- © MMXVI Paramount Pictures Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1, Dolby 7.1)
- French (Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.