Viggo Mortensen (The Lord of the Rings series) stars in The New York Times Critics’ Pick, Captain Fantastic, about an unconventional man who raises his six children in the forest of the Paciﬁc Northwest, isolated from society. When he is forced to bring his family out of seclusion and into the world, this leads to a confrontation with his father-in-law (Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon), who wants his grandchildren to have a normal life. Now Ben must question if his methods are the best for his family. Rolling Stone raves, “Viggo Mortensen is magniﬁcent. A career best work.”
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.1/10
- Fresh 165
- Rotten 35
Critics Consensus: Captain Fantastic's thought-provoking themes -- and an absorbing starring turn from Viggo Mortensen -- add up to an above-average family drama with unexpected twists.
Original, moving drama has some disturbing moments.
Cast & Crew
- Bleecker Street
- © 2016 Bleecker Street Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.