"Crazy Rich Asians” follows native New Yorker Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) as she accompanies her longtime boyfriend, Nick Young (Henry Golding), to his best friend’s wedding in Singapore. Excited about visiting Asia for the first time but nervous about meeting Nick’s family, Rachel is unprepared to learn that Nick has neglected to mention a few key details about his life. It turns out that he is not only the scion of one of the country’s wealthiest families but also one of its most sought-after bachelors. Being on Nick’s arm puts a target on Rachel’s back, with jealous socialites and, worse, Nick’s own disapproving mother (Michelle Yeoh) taking aim. And it soon becomes clear that while money can’t buy love, it can definitely complicate things.
- Rent $5.99
- Buy $19.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.6/10
- Fresh 272
- Rotten 25
Critics Consensus: With a terrific cast and a surfeit of visual razzle dazzle, Crazy Rich Asians takes a satisfying step forward for screen representation while deftly drawing inspiration from the classic -- and still effective -- rom-com formula.
Messages, role models stand out in culture-clash romcom.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2018 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Kimmel Distribution LLC.
- English (United States) (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Arabic (Subtitles), Bulgarian (Subtitles), Cantonese (Subtitles), Danish (Subtitles), Dutch (Netherlands) (Subtitles), Estonian (Subtitles), Finnish (Subtitles), French (France) (Subtitles, Stereo), German (Germany) (Subtitles), Greek (Subtitles), Hebrew (Subtitles), Hungarian (Subtitles), Italian (Italy) (Subtitles), Japanese (Japan) (Subtitles), Latvian (Subtitles), Lithuanian (Subtitles), Norwegian (Subtitles), Polish (Subtitles), Portuguese (Portugal) (Subtitles), Russian (Subtitles), Simplified Chinese (Subtitles), Slovenian (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo), Swedish (Subtitles), Thai (Subtitles), Traditional Chinese (Subtitles), Turkish (Subtitles), Ukrainian (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.