In an age defined by crew cuts, sport coats, and cheerless conformity, he not only broke the mold ... he reinvented it. Academy Award® winner Robin Williams (Best Supporting Actor, GOOD WILL HUNTING, 1997) delivers an extraordinary performance in one of the most compelling motion pictures of all time. Williams stars as English professor John Keating, a passionate iconoclast who changes his students' lives forever when he challenges them to live life to the fullest and "Carpe Diem" -- seize the day! Keating's unconventional approach meets with irrepressible enthusiasm from his students, but the faculty at staid, exclusive Welton Academy prep school is, to put it mildly, not amused.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.3/10
- Fresh 48
- Rotten 8
Critics Consensus: Affecting performances from the young cast and a genuinely inspirational turn from Robin Williams grant Peter Weir's prep school drama top honors.
Inspiring, intense story of a teacher and his students.
Cast & Crew
- Touchstone Pictures
- © 1989 Touchstone Pictures
- English (Subtitles, Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Danish (Subtitles), Finnish (Subtitles), French (Stereo), Norwegian (Subtitles), Russian (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo), Swedish (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.