Life is an adventure for Maya, the clever and resourceful blonde-bobbed monkey in Disneynature’s “Monkey Kingdom,” set among ancient ruins in the storied jungles of South Asia. Maya’s world is forever changed when she welcomes her son, Kip, into her complicated extended family. Like all families, Maya’s has more than its share of colorful personalities—and she’s determined to give her son a leg up on the social ladder. When their longtime home at Castle Rock is taken over by powerful neighboring monkeys, Maya's whole family is forced to relocate, where she uses her street smarts and ingenuity to lead them to untapped resources amidst strange new creatures and unsettling surroundings. Ultimately, they will all have to work together to reclaim Castle Rock, where Maya can hopefully realize her dreams for her son’s future.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7.3/10
- Fresh 50
- Rotten 3
Critics Consensus: Monkey Kingdom's breathtaking footage of primates in the wild is likely to please animal lovers of all ages.
Tina Fey-narrated monkey documentary is funny, educational.
- © 2015 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- English (Subtitles, Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Subtitles, Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.