Liz Gilbert (Julia Roberts) is a modern woman on a quest to marvel at and travel the world while rediscovering and reconnecting with her true inner self in Eat Pray Love. At a crossroads after a divorce, Gilbert takes a year-long sabbatical from her job and steps uncharacteristically out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life. In her wondrous and exotic travels, she experiences the simple pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of love in Bali. Based on an inspiring true story, Eat Pray Love proves that there really is more than one way to let yourself go and see the world.
Ratings and Reviews
Critics Consensus: The scenery is nice to look at, and Julia Roberts is as luminous as ever, but without the spiritual and emotional weight of the book that inspired it, Eat Pray Love is too shallow to resonate.
Find-your-bliss film appeals but raises questions, too.
Cast & Crew
- Columbia Pictures, Eat Pray Love Productions, Inc.; Plan B Entertainment; Waveland Pictures Limited
- © 2010 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Closed captions (CC) refer to subtitles in the available language with the addition of relevant non-dialogue information.
- Audio descriptions (AD) refer to a narration track describing what is happening on screen, to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.