One Christmas Eve a long time ago, a baby crawled into Santa's bag of toys... Raised as an elf, Buddy grows into an adult three times larger than the biggest elf--and realizes that he will never truly fit in at the North Pole. This holiday season, Buddy goes looking for his true place in the world--in New York City. Buddy finds his workaholic father…who's on Santa's "naughty" list, a new mother and a 10-year-old brother who doesn't believe in Santa Claus or elves. Here, now, Buddy discovers his destiny…to save Christmas for New York and the world! Starring Golden Globe and Emmy Award-nominee Will Ferrell ("Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," TV's "Saturday Night Live"), Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy Award-nominee James Caan ("The Godfather," "Funny Lady"), Golden Globe-winner and Emmy Award-nominee Bob Newhart (TV's "Newhart," "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde"), Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winner Edward Asner (TV's "Lou Grant," "JFK"), Academy Award and Golden Globe-winner Mary Steenburgen ("The Brave One," "Melvin and Howard") and Zooey Deschanel ("Almost Famous," "Failure to Launch").
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 7/10
- Fresh 158
- Rotten 31
Critics Consensus: A movie full of Yuletide cheer, Elf is a spirited, good-natured family comedy, and it benefits greatly from Will Ferrell's funny and charming performance as one of Santa's biggest helpers.
Peppy holiday favorite for both kids and parents.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- © 2003 New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- English (United States) (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Cantonese (Subtitles), Danish (Subtitles), Finnish (Subtitles), Indonesian (Subtitles), Malay (Subtitles), Norwegian (Subtitles), Simplified Chinese (Subtitles), Swedish (Subtitles), Thai (Subtitles), Traditional Chinese (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.