Based on the #1 New York Times best-selling book of the same name, Heaven is for Real brings to the screen the true story of a small-town father who must find the courage and conviction to share his son's extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. The film stars Academy Award® nominee and Emmy® award winning actor Greg Kinnear as Todd Burpo and co-stars Kelly Reilly as Sonja Burpo, the real-life couple whose son Colton (newcomer Connor Corum) claims to have visited Heaven during a near death experience. Colton recounts the details of his amazing journey with childlike innocence and speaks matter-of-factly about things that happened before his birth... things he couldn't possibly know. Todd and his family are then challenged to examine the meaning from this remarkable event.
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 5.5/10
- Fresh 41
- Rotten 43
Critics Consensus: Heaven Is for Real boasts a well-written screenplay and a talented cast, but overextends itself with heavy-handed sequences depicting concepts it could have trusted the audience to take on faith.
Extremely earnest drama explores issues of family and faith.
Cast & Crew
- Columbia Pictures; Roth Films; T.D. Jakes Production
- © 2014 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Subtitles, Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- Bulgarian (Subtitles), Czech (Subtitles), Danish (Subtitles), Dutch (Subtitles), Finnish (Subtitles), French (Subtitles, Stereo), German (Subtitles), Greek (Subtitles), Hebrew (Subtitles), Hungarian (Subtitles), Italian (Subtitles), Korean (Subtitles), Norwegian (Subtitles), Polish (Subtitles), Portuguese (Brazil) (Subtitles), Portuguese (Portugal) (Subtitles), Slovak (Subtitles), Slovenian (Subtitles), Swedish (Subtitles), Thai (Subtitles), Traditional Chinese (Subtitles)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.