I Am Number FourHD Closed Captioning AD
Open iTunes to preview, buy, and download this movie.
About the Movie
Three are dead. Who is Number Four? From director D.J. Caruso (Disturbia) and producer Michael Bay (Transformers), comes this gripping, action-packed thriller. John Smith (Alex Pettyfer) is an extraordinary teen masking his true identity to elude a deadly enemy sent to destroy him. Living with his guardian (Timothy Olyphant) in the small town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events, his first love (Dianna Agron, TV's Glee), powerful new abilities and a secret connection to the others who share his incredible destiny. I Am Number Four is an explosive, suspense-filled ride that will take you to the edge of your seat and beyond.
Rotten Tomatoes Movie Reviews
- Reviews Counted: 160
- Fresh: 53
- Rotten: 107
- Average Rating: 4.8/10
Top Critics' Reviews
Rotten: The sci-fi-teen romance I Am Number Four is witless, insultingly derivative, muddy-looking, and edited in the hammering epileptic style that marks so many films produced, as this one is, by Michael Bay.
Rotten: The young "Four" cast appears to have been plucked from an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue - which isn't an issue until you realize that the characters they're playing are about as thin as the pages in that Gen-Y fashion Bible.
Rotten: Granted, I Am NumberFour is a little better and makes loads more sense than Eagle Eye, Caruso's most recent vehicle for comely young actors in peril. But neither one has the sass and pluck of Disturbia. Watch that instead.
Rotten: Pettyfer - a child actor turned model turned self-satisfied hunk - isn't much except blond hair and good cheekbones as our hero.
Might I add...
Please disreguard the Rotten Tomatoes ratings of this movie. They all are quite wrong for a few reasons, if I may be so bold.
1) Many of the actors and actresses are quite new, and I believe, quite well suited for the film. They are all, at times, a bit dark, but the film does call for it. As for sass and pluck, both Alex Pettyfer and Dainna Argon pull off the modern day high schooler without being annoying. The other actors are also well cast, not according to the book, but......still.
2) The special effects and CGI are also well done. There is nothing muddy about them. But that is of course for you to desscide.
3) And finally, who makes the comment "The cast looks as if they were plucked from an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue,"????? I mean, really? Since when is having a cast that is, in general, good-looking and somewhat close to the book that it was based on? Granted Timothy Oliphant is a pretty far from the book's charater, but still played the role very well.
If anything can be learned from this review, it would be a simple "SEE THIS FILM". If you like sci-fi and a story that is kinda fresh with new actors that haven't been overused, I strongly recommend this movie.
Awesome movie but...
The critics wouldn't know a good movie if it slapped them and gave them a wedgie.
My Favorite Movie!
I have no clue why a lot of people hate this! I saw it in theaters and it was AMAZING!!!!! I loved it. If you like Harry Potter or the Maximum Ride books, you will love this movie.
- Genre: Action & Adventure
- Released: 2011
- © 2011 DREAMWORKS II DISTRIBUTION CO., LLC