Kong: Skull IslandHD Closed Captioning AD
Open iTunes to preview, buy, and download this movie.
About the Movie
When a scientific expedition to an uncharted island awakens titanic forces of nature, a mission of discovery becomes an explosive war between monster and man. Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, Brie Larson, John Goodman and John C. Reilly star in a thrilling and original adventure that reveals the untold story of how Kong became King.
Rotten Tomatoes Movie Reviews
- Reviews Counted: 318
- Fresh: 240
- Rotten: 78
- Average Rating: 6.6/10
Top Critics' Reviews
Rotten: You'd say [Reilly] was the comic relief, except Kong: Skull Island can't seem to manage seriousness in the first place. Quit monkeying around.
Fresh: It's wildly entertaining and it has a sense of humor about itself - and it doesn't hurt when a great big monster movie features an A-list cast including John Goodman, Samuel L. Jackson, Brie Larson, Tom Hiddleston and John C. Reilly.
Fresh: A fun if muddled monster movie that gets its best jolts from the sheer size of its beasts.
Fresh: It is the platonic ideal of big, smart-dumb B-movie filmmaking - and, like Kong himself, it must be seen to be believed.
Awesome movie! The king is back!
Could've been a lot better
I went to see this movie in the theaters today hoping it would be as good as the first one. I was wrong, there was good and bad things about the movie.
1. The actors they choose for the movie were good.
2. The special effects were really good.
3. It had some original things in the plot.
4. It ties up with Godzilla.
5. Good creatures in the time period in which Kong was in at the time.
1. Chess acting including that they did pick good actors.
2. Kong had no character to him like he did in the first one.
3. John Goodman should've played as the same camera guy in the first Kong and should have never died in the movie.
4. The plot could've been better and the movie could have been longer for more charecter development. (The movie should've been 3 h and 30 m like the first one where you got to know the actors well as well as Kong, the movie did have good action and should've been left with the same amount of action).
The movie was not great due to the type of acting and scripts. The actors were a good set of actors for the movie if they didn't have cheesy lines through out. Special effects were great, but some action scenes were dumb because the actors made bad moves that got them killed. The creatures were great, but Kong himself had no character.
Overall the movie is not worth buying, but It is worth renting.
A Fun Monster Movie
Kong: Skull Island is everything you expect it to be. It's a fun, action-packed, adventurous monster movie. Can't wait for Kong to take on Godzilla.
- Genre: Action & Adventure
- Released: 2017
- © 2017 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Legendary Pictures Productions, LLC and Ratpac-Dune Entertainment LLC. All Rights Reserved.