In 1958, in the state of Virginia, the idea of interracial marriage was not only considered to be immoral to many, it was also illegal. When Richard (Joel Edgerton, Black Mass) and Mildred (Ruth Negga, World War Z) fall in love, they are aware of the eyes staring at them and the words said behind their backs. It is when they get married, however, that words and looks become actions, and the two are arrested. The couple decide to take their case all of the way to the Supreme Court in order to fight for their love in this passionate and gripping drama that critics are calling "a masterpiece." – Jason Gorber, ScreenAnarchy.com
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
Moving drama about interracial couple's historic fight.
Cast & Crew
- Focus Features
- © 2016 Focus Features. All Rights Reserved.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
French (Subtitles, Stereo), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.