Based on a true story, sports agent JB Bernstein (Jon Hamm) finds that business has changed and things aren’t going well for his career. In a last ditch effort to save his livelihood he concocts a scheme to find baseball’s next great pitching ace. Hoping to find a young cricket pitcher he can turn into a major league baseball star, JB travels to India to produce a reality show competition called “The Million Dollar Arm.” With the help of cantankerous but eagle-eyed retired baseball scout Ray Poitevint (Alan Arkin), he discovers Dinesh (Madhur Mittal) and Rinku (Suraj Sharma), two 18 year old boys who have no idea about playing baseball, yet have a knack for throwing a fastball. Hoping to sign them to major league contracts and make a quick buck, JB brings the boys home to America to train. While the Americans are definitely out of their element in India — the boys, who have never left their rural villages — are equally challenged when they come to the States. As the boys learn the finer points of baseball — JB, with the help of his charming friend Brenda (Lake Bell) — learns valuable life lessons about teamwork, commitment and what it means to be a family.
- Rent $2.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 6/10
- Fresh 91
- Rotten 50
Critics Consensus: Pleasant to a fault, Million Dollar Arm is a middle-of-the-plate pitch that coasts on Jon Hamm's considerable charm without adding any truly original curves to Disney's inspirational sports formula.
Feel-good sports dramedy is a fine pick for tweens.
Cast & Crew
- Walt Disney Pictures
- © 2014 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- English (United States) (Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Canada) (Subtitles, Stereo), Portuguese (Brazil) (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing refer to subtitles in the original language with the addition of relevant nondialogue information.