Acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) brings out the big guns in this sci-fi action epic about a ragtag band of humans that band together in the year 2025 to fight legions of monstrous creatures rising from the sea. Using massive piloted robots to combat the alien threat, earth's survivors (including Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day, and Rinko Kikuchi) take the fight to the invading alien force lurking in the depths of the Pacific Ocean. Nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless enemy, the forces of mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot and an untested trainee—who now stand as earth's final hope against the mounting apocalypse.
- Rent $3.99
- Buy $14.99
Ratings and Reviews
- Average 6.6/10
- Fresh 195
- Rotten 80
Critics Consensus: It may sport more style than substance, but Pacific Rim is a solid modern creature feature bolstered by fantastical imagery and an irresistible sense of fun.
Loud robots vs. monsters movie could have used more heart.
Cast & Crew
- Warner Bros.
- Action & Adventure
- © 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and Legendary.
- English (Audio Description, Stereo, Dolby 5.1)
- French (Canada) (Subtitles, Stereo), Indonesian (Subtitles), Japanese (Japan) (Subtitles), Portuguese (Brazil) (Subtitles), Spanish (Subtitles, Stereo)
- Closed captions refer to subtitles in the available language with addition of relevant nondialogue information.
- Audio description refers to a narration track describing what is happening on screen to provide context for those who are blind or have low vision.